I am feeling stimulated

Randomguy

30 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I got my check, and no stupid letter!

IRS Form 1444 is mailed separately. You will receive it in approximately 6-8 weeks. Begin checking your mailbox today. Keep this form for next year’s tax filing as we will find a way to tax your ass some more on this windfall income. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

IRS Form 1444 is mailed separately. You will receive it in approximately 6-8 weeks. Begin checking your mailbox today. Keep this form for next year’s tax filing as we will find a way to tax your ass some more on this windfall income. 

I thought the money was tax free.  

I want to say more about the letter  Oh, so so much more.  I will refrain.  

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I want to say more about the letter  Oh, so so much more.  I will refrain.  

My comment about taxation was purely sarcasm. But, I wouldn’t be surprised to see them find a way to tax it. I am a cynical bastard you see. We also probably agree on the contents. 

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

It is taxable income offset by a new tax credit on next year's 1040 of $1,200 per and 400 for dependents.  That way if you somehow end up not getting a check this year, you still have the tax credit for next year. 

36 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

I just looked up the letter.  What a stupid way to waste more money, it is like the government feels that endless cash can be printed and doled out for stuff that serves no purpose.  

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

Not really,  Mine was direct deposited, so this letter shows proof the bucks was deposited. Why do I get pay stubs at work w/ direct deposit? That's a waste too then.

Hmm, hadn't thought about the direct deposit folks.  Work stubs don't come out of taxpayer money, though, it is probably a legal requirement.

Just now, Randomguy said:

Work stubs don't come out of taxpayer money, though, it is probably a legal requirement.

Depends who you work for.

Actually I thought stubs being a legal requirement. I asked our CFO who said, they need to be available but don't need to be printed. IMO we should just have a portal online to get them if we need them. That's an option the company could do.

7 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Not really,  Mine was direct deposited, so this letter shows proof the bucks was deposited. Why do I get pay stubs at work w/ direct deposit? That's a waste too then.

The IRS form 1444 is mailed separately from the check at an additional cost to print and mail. If it was included with the check, it would serve as the check stub and not be as wasteful. Stupidheads.

1 minute ago, Old No. 7 said:

The IRS form 1444 is mailed separately from the check at an additional cost to print and mail. If it was included with the check, it would serve as the check stub and not be as wasteful. Stupidheads.

I agree it should of been sent in the same envelope. The government doesn't practice sensible spending.

22 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Depends who you work for.

Actually I thought stubs being a legal requirement. I asked our CFO who said, they need to be available but don't need to be printed. IMO we should just have a portal online to get them if we need them. That's an option the company could do.

Yeah, the portals are what the cool kids have been doing for a while.  I have access but no printed stubs, but that is because we go through a payroll service that does that.

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

We do to, wish I didn't get stubs.

Somewhere back in 2005 or so I stopped getting them :D  Probably could have done it sooner (some opt in to opt out sort of thing), but eventually I stopped getting them.  For a while "bonus checks" were "live checks", but I don't even remember when that stopped.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Our letter came well after we got stimulated.

The $4000 in bills from our mechanic came much sooner.

He got stimulated and we got buzz killed.

It's not the 300, so which car/truck was it?  What was the problem?

$4,000 buys a LOT of home mechanics tools! 

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It's not the 300, so which car/truck was it?  What was the problem?

$4,000 buys a LOT of home mechanics tools! 

New A/C in the wife's Jeep was half of that.  The rest was struts and brakes at all 4 corners.  The Tahoe needed a new radiator, new P/S hose and a seal replaced on the transmission.

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

New A/C in the wife's Jeep was half of that

Yeah - YOU can go without AC, but no way can you have her deal with that.  I'm lucky enough our car's AC gets by with a "top off" every few years. 

I thought the Tahoe was the son's car :)  He could do all that stuff with the proper tools!

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Yeah - YOU can go without AC, but no way can you have her deal with that.  I'm lucky enough our car's AC gets by with a "top off" every few years. 

I thought the Tahoe was the son's car :)  He could do all that stuff with the proper tools!

Yeah, he and I could, and probably should. but all the time I am spending in East Texas is wearing me down a bit.