I'm planning a trip to Ohio

bikeman564™

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

The haircutters are all infected in any state.   The cheaper you go with the haircut now, the greater the chance that you will get it.

Aren't barbers also surgeons?  And most surgeons are medical doctors.  There's an odd symmetry to this whole thing!

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Aren't barbers also surgeons?  And most surgeons are medical doctors.  There's an odd symmetry to this whole thing!

He said he wasn't going for a bloodletting, which I am sure is safe and effective.  Why haven't our politicians brought this option up?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Zackny said:

Maybe you can get @Kzoo to cut it for you. Rumor has it he has lots of experience cutting and trimming. 

I am looking good!  No, I mean real good.  Daughter#2 came over and gave me a haircut 2 nights ago.  I helped pay for her expensive hair chopping school.  That earns me the right to an expensive haircut any time I want.

Just now, Kzoo said:

I am looking good!  No, I mean real good.  Daughter#2 came over and gave me a haircut 2 nights ago.  I helped pay for her expensive hair chopping school.  That earns me the right to an expensive haircut any time I want.

And I have lifetime psychiatric services!

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Forum Administrator said:

Just because the shops are open doesn't mean things are safe. It only means there are currently enough hospital beds to take care of the predicted number of people who will get sick.

This is actually worth thinking about.  I wouldn't feel safe in NYC getting a haircut, I imagine longer hairstyles will be in vogue this year.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

This is actually worth thinking about.  I wouldn't feel safe in NYC getting a haircut, I imagine longer hairstyles will be in vogue this year.

Very situational for sure, and clearly one of those things that can be mitigated to some degree.  I could definitely see a requirement for extra cleaning, some kind of mask requirements (barber AND customer), and enhanced air cleaning/safer circulation. Likewise, no "sitting around chewing the fat" sort of thing.  I think "outdoor" hair cutting could be a thing!  Much better ventilation, greater space to spread out, natural sunlight (even if mostly under a tent), etc, could really be neat and safer.

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Long hair is ALWAYS in style!

I get a cut two to three times a year, and do get a chuckle out of folks missing their haircuts routines.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

And I have lifetime psychiatric services!

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

And I've got a dog that stares at me for handouts!

I have both. 😁

Jonathan Van Ness Thinks You Should Let Your Quarantine Hair Grow

Tips from NPR:

Getting a haircut: Medium to high risk

A haircut involves "close contact and breathing, that is extended for several minutes," Karan notes. "This is the primary mode of transmission that we know happens. And cloth masks certainly are not perfect for this."

Janowski says this is one of the highest-risk scenarios on this list, because there's no way to keep six feet from someone cutting your hair. "All it takes is [having] one asymptomatic but infected worker and suddenly many customers are at high risk of infection," he says.

What alters risk? Landon believes the risk is not terribly high if both you and your haircutter wear masks, and COVID-19 is not very prevalent in your area. Look for a salon or barbershop that has (and enforces) policies to protect its employees, like wearing protective gear and sanitizing hands, she says: "By protecting their employees, they're protecting you, too."

• Whatever 1

Just now, dennis said:

Jonathan Van Ness Thinks You Should Let Your Quarantine Hair Grow

Tips from NPR:

Getting a haircut: Medium to high risk

A haircut involves "close contact and breathing, that is extended for several minutes," Karan notes. "This is the primary mode of transmission that we know happens. And cloth masks certainly are not perfect for this."

Janowski says this is one of the highest-risk scenarios on this list, because there's no way to keep six feet from someone cutting your hair. "All it takes is [having] one asymptomatic but infected worker and suddenly many customers are at high risk of infection," he says.

What alters risk? Landon believes the risk is not terribly high if both you and your haircutter wear masks, and COVID-19 is not very prevalent in your area. Look for a salon or barbershop that has (and enforces) policies to protect its employees, like wearing protective gear and sanitizing hands, she says: "By protecting their employees, they're protecting you, too."

my choice

6 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

my choice

I didn't say it wasn't your choice. I didn't even try to talk you out of it. The NPR piece just assesses the risk and offers tips on how to manage it. 

The video from the New Yorker is just funny. Some people like funny.

I thought I was I trying to be helpful. Sorry I offended you.

2 minutes ago, dennis said:

I didn't say it wasn't your choice. I didn't even try to talk you out of it. The NPR piece just assesses the risk and offers tips on how to manage it. 

The video from the New Yorker is just funny. Some people like funny.

I thought I was I trying to be helpful. Sorry I offended you.

thanks, you didn't offend me. I just do as I please.

1 hour ago, 12string said:

remember, 6 feet and masks are not a sure way to stop the spread.  They MINIMIZE the risk, that's all.

I was just looking at Laura Lee’s FB friends list and you are the only mutual friend on there. Do you remember her love forum name?

22 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I was just looking at Laura Lee’s FB friends list and you are the only mutual friend on there. Do you remember her love forum name?

interesting.  I use my real name on Facebook.  But the pic above looks vaguely familiar.  Could be that it was posted here or on LF.

Where is she from?  I do have a Laura Lee friend on Facebook, that's certainly not here.  And a bunch of Laura Lee friend of mutual friends.