Flour power

Parsnip Totin Jack

5 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

My first thought was, that's a lot of flour.

Then I remembered that when I was really into making homemade bread, pizza dough, etc., I had on hand at least 3 5-lb sacks of various types of flour.

Have fun with it!

Does flour go "bad"?  We can go way more than a year on  traditional bag of flour which are what? 5 pounds????

We're super lazy with dough for pizza and use the pre-made Trader Joes bag of dough 99% of the time.  Sure, it costs more, but we're in there buying the fresh ingredients like cheese and toppings, so we just get the dough too.

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Does flour go "bad"?  We can go way more than a year on  traditional bag of flour which are what? 5 pounds????

We're super lazy with dough for pizza and use the pre-made Trader Joes bag of dough 99% of the time.  Sure, it costs more, but we're in there buying the fresh ingredients like cheese and toppings, so we just get the dough too.

If I didn’t use much I wouldn’t buy so much. I find that the more that I make something, the more I learn and the better the results. My neighbors freaked out over my pie crust as it’s real flaky. He said this is on the same level as bakery pastry he had when he lived in Austria. 

8354F553-B022-402E-B772-7D5D1BD2FAEF.jpeg

9C95BFAF-F724-46D1-A01E-181DBEDE76B8.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Don't get me wrong - I love EATING baked goods.  But I have to leave it to the bakers of the world to do it well.  I've not developed that skill (yet?), but really appreciate the effort and knowledge involved.

That skill requires a lot of flour, butter, and bike rides. I’m getting there but I still have some stuff I’ll toss instead of eat. 

• Heart 1