Flying to Hartford Monday.

Wilbur

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Then we are renting a car and driving home to Toronto.  Will I die?  Are Canadians Covid exempt?  Is there anything I need to see on the way?  Worlds biggest ball of yarn or something?  

It's only half open (outside displays only) but the air museum just north of the airport fence is interesting.  Unfortunately the inside displays filling several buildings are much better.  The rules here are still "bemasked" in public so bring one.  I'm not sure if the rules are changing on the 1st or the 2nd but currently restaurants are outside dining only at very limited capacity and often by reservation only, most stores are still closed, you can't get a haircut or go into a bar.  As long as you stay north or east of the Center of the state you will be outside of the zone of death and your chances of survival will be good.  I do not know what your food situation will be on the trip home but truckers are still having difficulty getting sit down eats at the rest stops.  The weather will be great.

• Heart 1

Get back to Canada as quickly as possible.  Avoid urban areas.  The drive out of CT toward Albany and points west is a trip through Rip Van Winkle country where cows have shorter legs on one side than the other because the fields are on the sides of hills.  After Albany and the canal locks the New York Throughway becomes singularly uninteresting and boring.  You can probably see long stretches of it on the trip down from the air.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

You mean the local Ski Doo dealer is not qualified? I mean, it's all Bombardier, ain't it?

When they were owned by the family, Ski Doo's and Sea Doo's were often given to aviation managers as a thank you.  I am sure it wasn't to influence a sale. ;) 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Get back to Canada as quickly as possible.  Avoid urban areas.  The drive out of CT toward Albany and points west is a trip through Rip Van Winkle country where cows have shorter legs on one side than the other because the fields are on the sides of hills.  After Albany and the canal locks the New York Throughway becomes singularly uninteresting and boring.  You can probably see long stretches of it on the trip down from the air.

When the maintenance was planned, I was going to take the girls and spend a couple of weeks driving through the New England states.  Thanks C-19. 

19 minutes ago, Zackny said:

You should go home via the TI bridge and stop by and say hi🙂

We are going to make a run for the border to escape the zombie colonies.   When we pick it up in July/August, we may have a few days to do some touring and visiting. :) 

• Heart 1

If the state opens up more before the checks are complete I'd love to take you to the air museum at Bradley Field when you come back to pick it up.  From  The repair facility you can't quite see the museum as it's to the west north west behind trees on the other side of runway 06/24.  I think that even a guy who sees airplanes all the time would enjoy it.

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I am intrigued!  It will also make AWWC very jealous when I tell him.  :) 

They seem to be open for sales, but you have to ring the doorbell and they will wait on you at the door.  But if you were interested, I'd call in advance to be sure.

http://www.monicaspies.com/contact-us/

Other pie shops in the area:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/finger-lakes/2016/03/pie_shops_in_the_finger_lakes.html

If you will have more time on your return trip, let us know in advance.  Hartford is only about 90 minutes away and I may be looking to take a road trip around NY State during the summer at some point since my other vacations have all been canceled.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

We will stay south to Buffalo. 

I checked.  You will be able to use restrooms and pick up food at the rest stops along the throughway but you will not be able to eat in the dining area or stay indoors.  Masks will be required.  This per the New York Highway Authority.

Bring hand sanitizer...   :runcirclsmiley:

16 minutes ago, Kirby said:

They seem to be open for sales, but you have to ring the doorbell and they will wait on you at the door.  But if you were interested, I'd call in advance to be sure.

http://www.monicaspies.com/contact-us/

Other pie shops in the area:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/finger-lakes/2016/03/pie_shops_in_the_finger_lakes.html

If you will have more time on your return trip, let us know in advance.  Hartford is only about 90 minutes away and I may be looking to take a road trip around NY State during the summer at some point since my other vacations have all been canceled.

Thank you, Kirby! 

• Heart 1