Weekend plans this last weekend in May

petitepedal

15 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

No time for rioting and looting for me. I’ll be busy finishing up my vacation and driving back home. 

Did you get Andy’s ok to return to NY?

• Heart 1

The usual, family dinner in, although restaurants are opening for dine in here, ride, walk, maybe do some fishing.  Nice that chores are no longer on the weekend schedule as my wife is doing the laundry & grocery shopping mid week now.

• Heart 1

Ah, Sunday I'll be going back to the project after dropping off the package in T-town.

Tomorrow? Prolly not much, I'll have to check PF to see how early they open & maybe I can catch a workout before Lil Miss Sunshine rises. Maybe spread some sand on the patio joints.

• Heart 1

35 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

My first natural gas barbeque.  I know..., it is not a fancy smoker, but I needed/wanted something a little less time consuming.

FB_IMG_1590775497587.jpg

I have the 3 burner Weber with the side burner. I think mine was the last year before they moved the controls to the front, mine take up almost all of the right side table.

I got a couple of these v-bottomed chip boxes to add smokey goodness:

Charcoal Companion Stainless Steel Gas Grill V-Smoker Box (Long ...

• Heart 2

32 minutes ago, 2Far said:

I have the 3 burner Weber with the side burner. I think mine was the last year before they moved the controls to the front, mine take up almost all of the right side table.

I got a couple of these v-bottomed chip boxes to add smokey goodness:

Charcoal Companion Stainless Steel Gas Grill V-Smoker Box (Long ...

Do those boxes work?  I was wondering about them but didnt know if they were a gimmick or  not.  I went without the side burner because my last bbq had one and I never used it

4 minutes ago, 2Far said:

The boxes work, but it's not even close to what you get with a true smoker. I use the side burner intermittently. I use the rotisserie more frequently than the side burner.

My BiL gave us his used smoker because he bought a fancier one. We don’t know how to use it, though. What do you recommend for a trial smoke? Something easy and idiot proof? 

17 minutes ago, roadsue said:

My BiL gave us his used smoker because he bought a fancier one. We don’t know how to use it, though. What do you recommend for a trial smoke? Something easy and idiot proof? 

Pork butt. Even if it isn't smokey enough it's still good eating.

• Heart 2

My ceiling repair..the painting part is gonna happen on Wednesday..I need to take stuff off the area above my kitchen cabinets and above my hutch...this will be kitchen..where I had the water damage..hallway which is L shaped my bathroom..which is tiny and had a little damage fro. A previous leak..and the livingroom and dining room..because they flow into the kitchen...hopefully Once I get more of my den organized...I will have him back to do my bedroom and den ceilings.