Damn, going back to work is gonna feel like prison!

Ralphie

Home:  dog by my side, no shaving, no dressing up, coffee, fridge, and bathroom close by, walking the dog at lunchtime, no commuting ...

Work: no dog, shaved, face covered, probably no shared coffee pot, have to bring in all food, etc., get up way earlier for commuting, ...

I know, first world problems, but still a change for the worse for sure.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 3
  • Hugs 1

52 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Home:  dog by my side, no shaving, no dressing up, coffee, fridge, and bathroom close by, walking the dog at lunchtime, no commuting ...

Work: no dog, shaved, face covered, probably no shared coffee pot, have to bring in all food, etc., get up way earlier for commuting, ...

I know, first world problems, but still a change for the worse for sure.

I suspect that the world has changed a little bit forever, or at least for years to come.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

When I'm really busy at work, I find being in the office better since I'm more efficient there and the work set up is better.  But when I'm not that busy, I like the freedom of working from home.

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Kirby said:

When I'm really busy at work, I find being in the office better since I'm more efficient there and the work set up is better.  But when I'm not that busy, I like the freedom of working from home.

Me too.  My desk and office is set up way better than working from home.  While it is nice to have lunch with my wife every day, going back to work is not the end of the world for me.

This is my last WFH day as long as our numbers stY down.  Back to the office on Monday

4 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

get up way earlier for commuting

Metro has CLOSED my line for the next few months :frantics: to speed up the extension of the system to the Dulles Airport.  I will have a radically different commute if we go back to work in the city in June, July, or even August.  Not sure if they will reopen the line if "business as almost usual" begins soon.  I can ride, and assume a temporary bus "bridge" will be put in place to ferry folks around the shut stations.

image.png.54e2111639ca9a2abd2b410d7ad518cf.png

I was pleasantly surprised that my wfh setup worked as well as it did. The lag was snot bad atoll and I only started getting internet cutouts the last few days. So with the two monitors there was very little difference compared to work.   Of course Comcast just missed their two hour window to deliver a replacement modem that they say will fix our dropouts. 
I was expecting a lot more lag When this all started. 

39 minutes ago, dennis said:

Dressing up? My work attire:

T-shirt, flannel, and jeans in the winter.

T-shirt and shorts in the summer.

WFH is the same except the shirt might have beer and bacon grease on it and it could be on day 3. 

It’s Saul relative!  T shirts and shorts at home with bare feets, regular shirts and khakis with sneaks at work. Just slightly less comfy. 

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Metro has CLOSED my line for the next few months :frantics: to speed up the extension of the system to the Dulles Airport.  I will have a radically different commute if we go back to work in the city in June, July, or even August.  Not sure if they will reopen the line if "business as almost usual" begins soon.  I can ride, and assume a temporary bus "bridge" will be put in place to ferry folks around the shut stations.

image.png.54e2111639ca9a2abd2b410d7ad518cf.png

I don't live far from work.  So to me, the commute "problem" was not a big deal.  In fact, the commute encourage me to bike more after work.  

But, still it's nice to bike to work...whenever we will be asked to go back to the office.  We haven't heard yet.  

Just now, dennis said:

@RalphWaldoMooseworth

Is your whole office coming back full-time? 

We're going back on a limited basis. Our desks are too close together so we will part of the week from home and part in the office.

We just phased in with half last week and half this week.  I am lucky enough to have a real office, and I hope this is the death knell for the stupid section of "open office" that a few people are unlucky enough to be stuck in.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

We just phased in with half last week and half this week.  I am lucky enough to have a real office, and I hope this is the death knell for the stupid section of "open office" that a few people are unlucky enough to be stuck in.

I assume your desk is more this:

George Costanza Sleeps Under Desk Gif | Desk Design Ideas

Than this:

George Costanza Sleeps Under Desk Gif | Desk Design Ideas