So big or round wire glasses are same fad ..as 40 yrs. ago

shootingstar

If done right, nerdy cute thing is really hawt! Have to find the right balance of frame to face. 
I just ordered new glasses this week. Went with another pair of near frameless frames. I like the light weight and that people don’t always realize I wear glasses. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Allen said:

I wore round silver frames for years. Recently I’ve gone back to club masters. But mine are round instead of rectangular. And I’ve stuck with Ray-Ban opticals since high school. 

I got new glasses in January with the new vision plan.  I got some cool Ray Ban’s as well. They are black framed squared ones, a different look for me.

I didn’t notice any big wire frames?

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, groupw said:

If done right, nerdy cute thing is really hawt! Have to find the right balance of frame to face. 
I just ordered new glasses this week. Went with another pair of near frameless frames. I like the light weight and that people don’t always realize I wear glasses. 

I'm a little uncomfortable getting frameless.  I don't mind the nerdy look..well, that's what I kinda am anyway.  Nerdy older women are more interesting as they age...

All my eyeglass frames have different design features.  Latest pair is ultramarine blue with some design features on sides of frame.  I would be open with deep purple tinge or abit of dark red. As my hair becomes more grey, I'd rather have some colour in my frames.

I saw a pr. that looked...like a bicycle.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

Present set, progressives....I'm not getting progressives, because I'm tipping my head too much...it's changing my posture.

Nice, I have progressive and like them a lot. At first it was a little weird, but I like them.

These are Oakley frames, forgot the model.

1528986687_IMG_20200530_0855483051.thumb.jpg.3735be4ad920b285556482dea4172c79.jpg

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Nice, I have progressive and like them a lot. At first it was a little weird, but I like them.

1528986687_IMG_20200530_0855483051.thumb.jpg.3735be4ad920b285556482dea4172c79.jpg

Somehow I envisioned you as....looking older, :D

An older pair, that I'm wearing now..not progressives.  I know kinda monstrous...but I actually like that sort of geekiness. But llike the blue frame ones above in terms of style.

glasses2016.JPG

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

It is stamped on the arm.  :P

I had the same frames but found them heavy.  Painful after sinus surgery.   Progressives are great but I went for "High definition" which increased the focused viewing area.  Less head movement. 

I won’t wear the half frames because I can’t get real glass lenses for them. Only plastic lenses are available for half frames and I’m hard on glasses. Also don’t have progressive lenses, I think those are only plastic too. You can see the line in my bifocal fairly easily. 

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Allen said:

I won’t wear the half frames because I can’t get real glass lenses for them. Only plastic lenses are available for half frames and I’m hard on glasses. Also don’t have progressive lenses, I think those are only plastic too. You can see the line in my bifocal fairly easily. 

What do you mean you are hard on glasses? I always bought the polycarbonate lenses and they held up well in the forge shop.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

What do you mean you are hard on glasses? I always bought the polycarbonate lenses and they held up well in the forge shop.

My plastic lenses always formed scratches within months. I wore them for a few years and found I was buying new lenses once every year. Glass have lasted me a decade or more. I wear the frames out before the lenses. 

I wear glasses to get up and make coffee before throwing in my contacts, and wear them to go from the bathroom to bedroom and read before going to sleep.  

In spite of this 30 minutes of wear time a day, my wife insisted that I get new glasses.  I put it off and one day we were heading back and she pulled into the eye place and said, "C'mon" and walked in a head of me.

Walked in and the girl asked me what I wanted in a set of frames.  I looked at her deadpan and said

"I want glasses that will make me look like Brad Pitt" 

Her: * blink..., blink..., blink.....*

Me:  okay then...., if I were Superman, I want glasses for when I am dressed as Clark Kent.  

At this point, WofZ is at the far side of the store pretending she has  no idea who I am.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Somehow I envisioned you as....looking older, :D

I look younger than I am :)

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

It is stamped on the arm.  :P

I had the same frames but found them heavy.  Painful after sinus surgery.   Progressives are great but I went for "High definition" which increased the focused viewing area.  Less head movement. 

Oh yeah, thanks. Rhinochaser. They're comfy to me.

33 minutes ago, Allen said:

My plastic lenses always formed scratches within months. I wore them for a few years and found I was buying new lenses once every year. Glass have lasted me a decade or more. I wear the frames out before the lenses. 

Polycarbonate is a type of plastic but not all plastic lenses are polycarbonate. See if the polycarbonate lenses are available for the frames you like.

26 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Polycarbonate is a type of plastic but not all plastic lenses are polycarbonate. See if the polycarbonate lenses are available for the frames you like.

I don’t mind the extra weight of glass. And I like how glass stiffens up the frames. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Think I heard that hot bits bounce off of polycarbonate but not glass lenses, so not surprised with your comment.  Agrees with what my welder friend said.  I still prefer glass, with my long eye lashes and working in dusty conditions. I have worn these flexible frames for years, and just keep replacing a few broken parts. Nice they were 'bendy' when the last hay bale fell on my head.

P1037069web.jpg

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Think I heard that hot bits bounce off of polycarbonate but not glass lenses, so not surprised with your comment.  Agrees with what my welder friend said.  I still prefer glass, with my long eye lashes and working in dusty conditions. I have worn these flexible frames for years, and just keep replacing a few broken parts. Nice they were 'bendy' when the last hay bale fell on my head.

P1037069web.jpg

I like that photo, I don't remember your age but you don't look it. I remember you have some years on me.