Irises

Ralphie

4 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Fellow researcher had an Iris tat on her ankle. We got a bunch of bulbs from her when she moved to Nigeria.

These plants have survived around 34 years here!  The only real remains of the huge perennial garden we put in when we moved here.  Used to have lavender, foxglove, primrose, bleeding heart liberals, etc.!

Irises are Mrs. mooseworth’s favourite flower. The white ones bloom a lot earlier and are a lot bigger, so having both makes a nice succession, since the purple ones bloom right as the white ones are done. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I have a patch out front .    

Do you ever have to do anything to it?  I wonder if they need to be divided or not.  They took over the bed, which is fine.

I have been meaning to divide them for years, but that is work that is somewhat optional. Much easier to sit on my ass and just admire them as they are. :D

Also, my wife is in charge of flowers. But lately she just fills the patio pots with annuals like geraniums and pansies and sweet Williams and daisies.   She has totally slacked on perennials which are of course my favourite because they last for years. :D