My pool is full of frogs

Allen

Last year the salt system in my pool died. I haven’t been in it in years and was too busy with Pop, so I just let it sit fallow. 
I had someone come out to look at it and the pool needs work more than the salt system, about four or five grand before I am done, including some landscaping. I would rather fill it in than fix it, so I again have let it go.  
Now it is filled with bull frogs, more than are in the pond, dozens of them. And right now the steps are covered in huge tadpoles, hundreds of them. I think a lot of them are from last year because they are so huge. 
I just bought a sump pump and I’m going to drain it. I am going to try to net out as many tadpoles and frogs as I can when the water is low and transfer them to the pond. I’m going to miss the frogs. They make the best noises, and the kid in me likes watching the tadpoles develop. 
One of my buddies wants to stock it with fish. I think I would rather have a flower garden instead. 

• Heart 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I can't believe you had a frog party and didn't invite me.  Now you just need to think of a way to save all the frogs!!!!!!! 

I put a foam float in there for them. At any given time there will be several on the float and twice that many around the edge. 

• Heart 2
  • Envious 1

Just now, smudge said:

Will the transfer be ok for them? They won't get shocked from different water?

I don’t think so. I did put a minnow basket in the pond and caught a bunch of fathead minnows. I dumped them into the pool (where my buddy got the idea of stocking it) to make sure I would not have a mosquito problem. They did fine. 

• Heart 1