The Story of 100,000 Miles and a Parade

Kirby

As I mentioned in another thread, I have 12 miles until my car odometer turned to 100,000..  I was hoping it would turn on a trip to the Catskills, but it didn't.  This made me sad.  So then I had to think of a very special place to drive to make the 100,000 mile trip eventful.  This made me worried about the important decision.   I considered lots of options, but this just made me tired.  I finally decided on a place that was the perfect - the place that reminded me of all sorts of road trips with my family and somewhere I hadn't been in ages.  This made me feel nostalgic.  Plus a little ironic since the special place was so not special, except it sort of was.  This made me confused, but I was still decided.

Plus the highway to this place is the highway that started many of the fun road trip I've taken - graduations, trips to the country, trips to Lake Placid, concerts at Bard and many others. Plus I could get some tasty chicken tenders.  This made me very happy.

To be continued

IMG_3581[1].JPG

• Heart 2

What is the make of your car, Kirby?  I hope it's a Ferrari.  Everyone knows Ferrari cars are the best cars. 

Lamborghini cars are pretty nice too.  I can see you in one of those.  A yellow Lamborghini would be nice. 

SW drives a BMW and it's very expensive, even though the turn signals don't work. It akso doesn't have a roof. 

Mudkipz 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, The_Karen_Cooper_Incident said:

What is the make of your car, Kirby?  I hope it's a Ferrari.  Everyone knows Ferrari cars are the best cars. 

Lamborghini cars are pretty nice too.  I can see you in one of those.  A yellow Lamborghini would be nice. 

SW drives a BMW and it's very expensive, even though the turn signals don't work. It akso doesn't have a roof. 

Mudkipz 

A subaru impreza.  Since I don't do much maintenance on my cars I prefer ones that aren't very valuable.  Plus I live near a sort of steep hill and the all  wheel drive helps get up the hill in the snow.  My old car didn't have all wheel drive and I recall sliding down the hill once or twice in winter.

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

A subaru impreza.  Since I don't do much maintenance on my cars I prefer ones that aren't very valuable.  Plus I live near a sort of steep hill and the all  wheel drive helps get up the hill in the snow.  My old car didn't have all wheel drive and I recall sliding down the hill once or twice in winter.

Lambos come in AWD!  

I like Subaru.  I'm still interested in a WRX.  EPG had a WRX.  EPG was right about those.

Mudkipz

I had an WRX before this car.  My car before that had really bad pick up which made it hard to merge onto highways.  I thought the WRX would help with that issue.  It did, but I hated having to buy premium gas.  My current car's pick up is sufficient.  Plus the year I was buying the WRX only came in manual transmission.

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

I had an WRX before this car.  My car before that had really bad pick up which made it hard to merge onto highways.  I thought the WRX would help with that issue.  It did, but I hated having to buy premium gas.  My current car's pick up is sufficient.  Plus the year I was buying the WRX only came in manual transmission.

Wow, I think you overcompensated with the WRX!  :D

My Daytona Turbo was supposed to use premium but you could put in regular and the knock sensor adjusted the ignition timing to compensate.

12 minutes ago, The_Karen_Cooper_Incident said:

That's the best type of transmission.

BTW, Ylva likes WRX cars.  Honestly, she likes all cars because she's a dog.

Mudkipz

It always makes me smile instantly when I see a dog with its head oot a car window, sniffing the breeze. :D

• Hugs 1