Funny how the mind works.

MickinMD

We had an ice machine at work for filling the igloo coolers with Gatorade or ice water so when somebody wanted to get somebody with a bucket if ice water it had lots of ice in it. One guy was always talking in the shower. There were ten showers in one big room with a block wall six feet high separating the showers from the locker room. For some reason some guys were bothered by this guy always talking so they got a five gallon bucket of ice water to cool him off.  They walked into the shower room and doused him good.

Now our locker room was built in the middle of a construction project. They built the first half of our new building while we were still working in the old building. They closed off the new building with giant blue tarps and we moved into the new half to work while they demolished the old building and locker room. They brought in portable locker rooms and restrooms in trailers for us to use while they built the new locker room. They built the new locker room first so they could get rid of the portable ones. They built it sturdy enough that they could use the roof for storage.

After the locker room was completed they went on to build the other half of the new building right over top of the locker room.

I told you all that so I could tell you the revenge story of the talking guy that got iced in the shower. He came into work a little bit early and carried a five gallon bucket of ice water up on the roof of the locker room. When the guy that iced him came into work he waited until he had changed into his work uniform, work boots, and hard hat. He had someone who worked in the die shop straight across from the door to the locker room signal him when the guy was coming out. Direct hit, soaked him from top to bottom and he had no clue what happened.

• Heart 2

I have been lucky enough to avoid any such ambushes!

My only similar story was for some reason my freshman dorm at college had a water pipe with valve that pointed outside from the second floor, right at a heavily traveled walkway. That was a bad idea for a freshman dorm.  :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Some people don’t know the difference between a harmless prank and destruction of personal property. Our gloves wore out very quickly in the forge shop and they were provided as needed. Somebody used a grease gun and filled the fingers of someone’s gloves with grease while he was on break.

The guy that got greased thought he knew who did it. The next day when that guy went to put on his work boots he found them full of go jo hand cleaner. He had a meltdown and ran to HR and complained before he went home because he didn’t have boots to wear.

HR posted a notice above the time clock stating that this will not be tolerated and unless the perpetrator buys him a new pair of boots if they find out who did it he will be immediately fired.
The guy got a new pair of boots out of it. Nobody confessed to doing either prank but they settled up in private. 

11 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I hope Henry does a search of his name and comes across this post!  I'm sure he'll get a kick out of the memory as I did.

Funny how the mind works.

Or, you could just send him an email and let him know you thought about him. 
In a spiritual sense, there’s a reason he’s on your mind.

53 minutes ago, roadsue said:

Or, you could just send him an email and let him know you thought about him. 
In a spiritual sense, there’s a reason he’s on your mind.

I'd love to send him an email, but it turns out he's retired and so there's no email listing at the law firms he's been associated with.

If I can find the time, I'll ask the firms if they can forward an email. I looked in Linked-in, Whitepages, Spokeo, and some others and they want money to show details. I've got a phone no. and hopefully will soon get an email address.

The pic below is definitely Henry - with much less hair than when we lived in the IIT Grad Dorm and shows IIT in this Linked-in listing.  I joined Linked-in and "Sent an Invite" to connect but, if Henry has the same attitude he did in grad school, he's retired and doesn't bother looking at linked-in anymore.

image.png.af408a8b68c2612cffb917e880a47841.png

39 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Wow!  Where's this from and can you or I get "Henry's About Info" without spending money?  Apparently he moved to, or has a 2nd address in Kissimmee, Florida.

He’s on Facebook, he doesn’t give a lot of about information but it’s free. Your best bet is to send a friend request, when he sees your name he will accept it and you two can catch up on how your lives have gone.

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Longjohn said:

He’s on Facebook, he doesn’t give a lot of about information but it’s free. Your best bet is to send a friend request, when he sees your name he will accept it and you two can catch up on how your lives have gone.

Excellent!  For some reason I didn't think about Facebook!

7 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Excellent!  For some reason I didn't think about Facebook!

P.S.  He's got his Facebook settings to allow no friends.  He lists no information - apparently lawyers make enough enemies he doesn't want invite trouble.

That also meshes with Henry's personality in college.

There's also the problem that I went by "Mike" in high school and college and hope Henry will recognize my last name, city, IIT, etc. whenever I'm able to contact him - I'm "Mickey" on Facebook.

I have to do some work on my lawn today. I'll get back to Henry at some point in the future.  I may be able to track him down through his two children.

Thanks all for the help and suggestions!

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I have to do some work on my lawn today.

You may be able to "message" him even though he doesn't accept friend requests. If you are ambitious, run down some of his friends and go at him that way.

Of course, I know a guy who knows a guy ....

dcd4d87a-b0e9-42fa-b154-b837084ff59f_1.d

• Heart 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 10:04 AM, MickinMD said:

P.S.  He's got his Facebook settings to allow no friends.  He lists no information - apparently lawyers make enough enemies he doesn't want invite trouble.

That also meshes with Henry's personality in college.

There's also the problem that I went by "Mike" in high school and college and hope Henry will recognize my last name, city, IIT, etc. whenever I'm able to contact him - I'm "Mickey" on Facebook.

I have to do some work on my lawn today. I'll get back to Henry at some point in the future.  I may be able to track him down through his two children.

Thanks all for the help and suggestions!

Whelp? Were you ever able to contact Henry?