Who is the coolest

Square Wheels

I hung out with McCoy Tyner in Ft Worth one time. He played piano for John Coltrane

I also got to play with Pharaoh Sanders at a Sunday Night Jam at Lott's Emporium in Houston

When I was up in the City one time visiting a buddy who was on Capitol Records a the time, I met the Ramones down at their band's practice studio on 9th ave

I had Mark "The Bird" Fidrych told me to fuck off one time when he was at one of my jazz gigs

I got to play for then Texas Governor Ann Richards at a private party in Dallas way back in the dim dark past

I also dated Edie Brickel's roommate, but Edie's only famous now for having a drunken fist fight with her husband Paul Simon

(edit: KT Reminded me of this one...)

Fritz Von Eric lived in LAke Dallas and I'd see him at the little grocery store sometimes. He was really easy to talk to, too

I also met Bullit Bob Hayes at the liquor store I worked at. I carried his stuff out to the car for him and he let me try on his Superbowl ring. Bob Hayes was a real nice guy, too.

I hung out with McCoy Tyner in Ft Worth one time. He played piano for John Coltrane

I also got to play with Pharaoh Sanders at a Sunday Night Jam at Lott's Emporium in Houston

When I was up in the City one time visiting a buddy who was on Capitol Records a the time, I met the Ramones down at their band's practice studio on 9th ave

I had Mark "The Bird" Fidrych told me to fuck off one time when he was at one of my jazz gigs

I got to play for then Texas Governor Ann Richards at a private party in Dallas way back in the dim dark past

I also dated Edie Brickel's roommate, but Edie's only famous now for having a drunken fist fight with her husband Paul Simon

Did you know the guys in Fever in the Funkhouse or was that after your time in Dallas?

I don't really bother trying. Celebrities are just people too and nothing to get excited about.

When I was a kid I met Dusty Rhodes, the wrestler. He thought he was cool as hell and was a bit of an ass.

I was at a restaurant a few years back, and he was in one  booth over....the man took up the whole damned booth by himself.

RR reminded me that last eyar when I flew out to see my folks I walked right past Steven Tyler in OHare Airport. Big top hat and platform shoes and all. He's actually really short, which is why the big hat and platform shoes

Did you know the guys in Fever in the Funkhouse or was that after your time in Dallas?

No, not personally, but I sat at the bar drinking with Jim Heath A.K. A. Reverend Horton Heat many times when our band would open for him

• Heart 1

No, not personally, but I sat at the bar drinking with Jim Heath A.K. A. Reverend Horton Heat many times when our band would open for him

I lived in College Station when Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen lived there.

I remember a very red eyed, tired looking Lyle Lovett sitting at the counter at the DeLux Burger Bar eating breakfast.  If I was a betting man, I would bet he was very hungover too.

• Heart 1

I think one of the coolest things was going to the Tonight Show back in the 80's.  Of course, I didn't meet anyone, but from a reasonable distance, I got to see Johnny and Ed and Doc and the main guests that night  -  The Trio: Dolly Parton, Linda Rondstadt and Emmylou Harris.

Nicest celeb I've met is Alice Cooper, very cool guy.  One of the coolest, but very intimidating was Orson Wells.

I've heard that from multiple places about Alice Cooper. Some of my FB friends (who were one of the sources who told me in the past) saw him in concert last night.

I've heard that from multiple places about Alice Cooper. Some of my FB friends (who were one of the sources who told me in the past) saw him in concert last night.

He just openned a thrift store here this weekend to help fund his chatity for bring music to at risk kids. He loaded it up with a bunch of his own stuff, both personal and tour related.

• Heart 3

She also went on a bike ride with Ugly Bob and I a couple of years ago.. oh, and her, azpeterb, and I rode the Picacho Peak century in 2006

I rode with her and Destination a few years ago when they were in the area. 

Destination has been back again since then. He's stayed at my house even.

• Heart 1

A while, and lifetime, I was the boy toy to a power lawyer in the Tampa area. She would take me as arm dressing to some very exclusive clubs in the area. She would dance, drink, and flirt with everything that walked. While I drank and ate on her tab picked up women, and eventually took her home for "exercise". While at a very VIP club I sat down at a random table. Being 20 something, probably drunk, and invincible I usually just plopped down at a VIP table and expected everyone to be okay with it. Did I mention back then I was kinda an ass?

Anyway I sat down at a table not even seeing who was there, just trying to piss off the bouncer covering the table since he knew who I was there with, and low and behold it was Derek Jeter, A-Rod, Jorge Pasada, and fricking Hideki Matsui. 

All turned out to be pretty cool guys. I ordered shots and beers all around. We hung out and talked about fishing, boats, and eventually women as my "charge" came by with some girls for introductions. 

I have grainy pictures printed out from a crappy cell phone somewhere. 

I got to meet Bob Hope... Every two years we were invited to the family reunion at his house in Cleveland. 

He was my grandmothers second or third cousin... not really sure, but he was one cool cat. 

When I was younger (17ish), I was working at a triad show. The company my family bought the machines from thought it would be nifty to bring me into Atlanta for the show to talk with people about their machines, and also to give demonstrations. During the trade show I was able to mingle with other companies and see some of the people they brought in for giving autographs. Bauer was there showing off some of their new equipment and they brought in Wayne Gretzky. As I was attempting to get his autograph I was captured by security, not only did it cause a scene but it also got Gretzky's attention. 

The reason for my detainment is that I look a lot younger then I am, you have to be 16 years old to have a badge and be allowed on the floor.. Not having a drivers license since I never cared about driving, thus caused a bigger problem. As I explained I was on break, and I was working for Meistergram. While they decided to ring the booth we were at, the time was ending on when Gretzky was ending his signings. 

I was now getting drilled about how I got the pass, Why I was there, and Why I had no ID on me at the time... I was then asked why I did not have a passport with me to prove who I was. I then heard a voice from behind me asking "Why would you need a passport to come to Atlanta if you already are a U.S, citizen." As I turned to see who it was, There was Gretzky standing behind me with an autographed picture. 

He sat next to me and we talked for a while until the asshat security people let me free to go back and work again. 

I still have that picture framed, but it is not hanging on the wall anymore. 

• Heart 1