So this is America

Prophet Zacharia

Folks out here are taking matters into their own hands.  The locals are arming themselves in town and walking the streets with guns.  I'm going to be heading down there to give a full report.  But basically the looting has spread to satellite towns and some towns are saying enough is enough.  This could get ugly.

25 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Folks out here are taking matters into their own hands.  The locals are arming themselves in town and walking the streets with guns.  I'm going to be heading down there to give a full report.  But basically the looting has spread to satellite towns and some towns are saying enough is enough.  This could get ugly.

It's hard to believe just less than 40 kms. from Vancouver BC Canada, it's different world. Totally different, Dottles.

It's not say there is no racism...there's enough documented in history and looking now, at who dominates the senior management teams in Canadian major companies, large public sector organizations of who holds power and makes decisions...  but CAnadian majority gun culture/thinking is quite different because of the federal laws here.  

Let us know Dottles...there are Canadians..very close...just..on the other side of International Peace Park.  In looking at the Seattle photos, it looks sad.  We've visited some of those areas.

LAPD has clearly switched tactics and have mobilized teams to respond to looters.  Saw a couple of looters get chased down by cops and tackled in the street.  It made me happy, fuckers..

There has been some looting today but the police are all over it now unlike the past few days.

• Heart 2

I am attending a protest Tuesday. I will have a black balacava & a backpack.I am going on my bike.  Should I loot the cute little card store? Or the posh restaraunt known for $$$ steak? What is the protocol for looting a steakhouse? Ask for rare? So you can make a quick getaway? Do you ask for a wine list? 

This is my first protest in my over 60 years. I don't know what is happening to me. I n the last 3 months I have got a tattoo & now I'm protesting. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Duh, you live in Portland.  I’ll bet you can’t wait to see The Flaming Lips play again!

I'm protesting in Bend. It's like a starter protest. It's at a brewpub. Is that a hint? I'm not ready for the majors yet. 

Although it sounds like a lot of folks are on the street in Portland tonight and it's very peaceful

4 hours ago, Dottles said:

Armed citizens stand vigil in Snohomish on Monday. They declined to identify themselves. The man said they were there to “keep business owners and businesses safe. We don’t need our little town torn apart.” (Ian Davis-Leonard / The Herald)

Armed citizens stand vigil in Snohomish on Monday. They declined to identify themselves. The man said they were there to “keep business owners and businesses safe. We don’t need our little town torn apart.” (Ian Davis-Leonard / The Herald)

Sexy.

You know over 20 yrs. ago, there were a bunch of Americans with their guns by the Canada-U.S. border by White Rock, British Columbia.  keeping vigil....for what?  

From the Canadian side at that time, it looked very strange. 

9 hours ago, shootingstar said:

It's hard to believe just less than 40 kms. from Vancouver BC Canada, it's different world. Totally different, Dottles.

It's not say there is no racism...there's enough documented in history and looking now, at who dominates the senior management teams in Canadian major companies, large public sector organizations of who holds power and makes decisions...  but CAnadian majority gun culture/thinking is quite different because of the federal laws here.  

Let us know Dottles...there are Canadians..very close...just..on the other side of International Peace Park.  In looking at the Seattle photos, it looks sad.  We've visited some of those areas.

We aren't that different.

riot1.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=780

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

The sentiment of the sign is common amongst a lot of Americans too. :) 

We all love Boston, don't we???? What's not to love?  SW?

6 hours ago, Dottles said:

Sexy.

Most exercise they'll have all month!

8 hours ago, Dottles said:

Sexy.

looks like she has a spare clip in her pocket in case sheot gets real

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

I thought maybe that was a cell phone in case they got bored and wanted to order pizza?

yeah  I think it is a cell phone. They need an earpiece to complete the look. In case they need to call in back up

And tactical armor just in case. 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, shootingstar said:

You know over 20 yrs. ago, there were a bunch of Americans with their guns by the Canada-U.S. border by White Rock, British Columbia.  keeping vigil....for what?  

From the Canadian side at that time, it looked very strange. 

I would say for the many American's too.  This happened in Kirkland -- an affluent community.

https://q13fox.com/2020/06/01/people-grab-assault-rifles-and-board-up-to-protect-kirkland-businesses-from-looters/

26 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

looks like she has a spare clip in her pocket in case sheot gets real

I don’t like to be that guy but... It’s a magazine.  Here is an explanation between a clip & magazine.  Every time I hear a magazine referred to as a clip I cringe. Maybe because I’m expecting Drill Sergeant Ratliff to smack me in the head...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_(firearms)

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I don’t like to be that guy but... It’s a magazine.  Here is an explanation between a clip & magazine.  Every time I hear a magazine referred to as a clip I cringe. Maybe because I’m expecting Drill Sergeant Ratliff to smack me in the head...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_(firearms)

I'm more interested in the pizza factor.  How many pizza's you think those folks can consume?

• Heart 1

CA open carry laws are really strict (non existent...) but there have been a few yahoos with guns. If identified they are being charged.  We have seen large groups of citizens standing in front of doors & windows arms stretched.  It’s working to an extent.  

Not sure about your areas but we are seeing organized looting in that teams of cars are pulling up shortly after doors are smashed and goods are being thrown in the waiting cars in mass.  Then the same cars show up at the next looted business & etc.  LAPD nailed a group of them last night.

Edited by ChrisL
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

CA open carries are really strict (non existent...) but there have been a few yahoos with guns. If identified they are being charged.

We have seen large groups of citizens standing in front of doors & windows arms stretched.  It’s working to an extent.  

Not sure about your areas but we are seeing organized looting in that teams of cars are pulling up shortly after doors are smashed and goods are being thrown in the waiting cars in mass.  Then the same cars show up at the next looted business & etc.  LAPD nailed a group of them last night.

I don't like the idea of armed citiizens enforcing the law but the cops are in a catch-22 right now and many of these demonstrations are getting hijacked by a bunch of thugs. It's the kind of thing that can go sideways fast but it seems to be working here too.  If the police can't do it, maybe the citizens can. I worry about vigilantes but I also like the message it's sending:.  Not in our town.

35 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I don’t like to be that guy but... It’s a magazine.

I understand entirely, I want to kill people when they call a remote control a 'clicker'.  Dumbshits, like the actual function is just to click, I just want to put a full magazine into them.

21 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

CA open carry laws are really strict (non existent...) but there have been a few yahoos with guns. If identified they are being charged.  We have seen large groups of citizens standing in front of doors & windows arms stretched.  It’s working to an extent.  

I hope those effers serve a long sentence.

Taking matters into their own hands?  Combined with How to handle this mess.

Newark, NJ (or Noork, in localese)

The Mayor came out to co lead the very first protest.  Cops joined in.  Basically, a "damn right, we have a problem!".  At the 7PM curfew, a few people tried to start breaking things, the locals - with cops standing nearby - told them to leave.  "Not in our town".  BTW, many of theses protestor/protectors working side by side with the cops were well known to the cops, and not becaue of their donations to the PBA

Camden, NJ.  A resident organizing the first protest called the police to say they were coming to the police station to protest.  The chief went to the gathering area - and carried one side of the banner at the front of the protest march.

All ANY protester wants is to be heard, to feel that the problem is being acknowledged, to have hope for change.  Cops and mayors joining that protest sends a VERY strong message.

In Philly, the police commish and the mayor have paid a lot of lip service.  Neither have joined the protesters.  Very few cops have taken a knee with them.  They just tear gassed and shot rubber bullets into a crowd marching on an enclosed roadway with no easy escape.  Because a couple rocks got thrown.  Yeah, expect more than rocks now.

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It frightens me to think there are people who would see that show yesterday and come away thinking he is anything but awful. But I am sure to be frightened again and again :(

As a Christian, I am beyond disgusted.  Tear gas and rubber bullets on innocent people to stand in front of a church, holding a book that says "love your enemy" and call for violence against his own citizens.  And I'm not so much disgusted at Trump, he's only being who I've always known him to be.  I'm more upset at any "religious" person who can support that.  Jesus gave us "Christianing for Dummies" where we only have 2 rules, and people still have trouble understanding.

Sorry, both p AND r in the same post.  I won't continue it, just had to get it off my chest

• Heart 2

They way it played out here in small town America is folks with the guns were down on Main street protecting the businesses while the protestors were on the busiest corner proudly protesting.  It worked beautifully actually.  But I don't see this playing out so nicely all across America.  Something bad is going to happen and soon. And when it does, then we have another messier problem on our hands.

:popcorn:

Just now, Prophet Zacharia said:

I figure as long as @Square Wheels is accepting Trump political advertisements on the site, a little balance is necessary.

and, you would be wrong.  I do not control what ad displays, Google curates all of your searches and browsing and displays what they feel you will be most interested in.

No P&R allowed here.  I've been very tolerant during these crazy times, plus working too many hours again, and not on here much.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

Just now, Square Wheels said:

and, you would be wrong.  I do not control what ad displays, Google curates all of your searches and browsing and displays what they feel you will be most interested in.

No P&R allowed here.  I've been very tolerant during these crazy times, plus working too many hours again, and not on here much.

Push back. Seriously, it’s every other ad here. Wish Donald Trump a happy birthday. Is Mainstream media unfair to Trump? Trump is on a role. Fuck Google, tell them you want no political ads.

There was a protest rally almost 1,000 people?  locally.  Looks like some police officers kneeled with the protestors.  See photo in link.  I guess it was a decision by some police officers not to wear masks..re covid, etc.

Calgary is abit different than Toronto. The demographics of Calgary is different...and for sure, a lot less blacks.  It's very obvious to me, after living and working in Toronto for nearly 20 years, not just numbers. 

Some of the higher profile cases have involved First Nations residents...which went to court /reported in the press.  So other factors /reasons for racism or situations there needed to be some serious sit down dialogue with social worker perhaps as mediator, community activists, etc.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/protest-rally-calgary-black-lives-matter-george-floyd-1.5593537

It is also important to understand some of the well established ethnic/racial local groups which have defined associations, board, leaders and especially those that have defined programs, events for public outreach, already have some good contact with key local police in terms of maintaining a decent working relationship.  A very smart social justice activist....and these people are/become social workers, lawyers donating volunteer time.

So it's disappointing to see property damage, theft just for the sake of it..because it unravels some of the long hard work done by established community activists.  I knew..some personally...they would speak to the national media, write and work with govn't, police, etc.   It can be difficult  work folks.  Support your local community leaders in this area work on public outreach programs for years, etc.  Some of them have incredible skills in mediation, facilitation and etc.