Rg

Airehead

9 hours ago, Airehead said:

You are safe at home, yes?

Yes.   I have been walking a bunch, and was Union Square at the farmers market on Saturday.  Farmers market folks aren't big troublemakers except for a few Karens here and there.

I live around the corner from a big cop shop and they have closed off the street with barricades as a precaution.  I was talking to a couple of the cops because the grocery store is right there, they said this area has been relatively peaceful thus far and they don't expect that to change.  I am keeping the walking confined to daylight hours for the most part, though.

• Heart 4

6 hours ago, Airehead said:

I think tonight may show unrest in your city even more so than last night

I didn't think so earlier, but I sure do now.  I went for a 2-mile walk, and past the same cop shop.  Instead of 6 - 8 guys in regular uniforms kinda lazily hanging about by the barricades, there were 30-40 with riot gear and looking serious.  They didn't have it all on, most of them. but had it all with them.  Then I walked down the street about 1/2 a mile and saw about 15 cops on what looked like beefed-up cop scooters (I had never seen those before).  Walked another half mile and saw maybe 10-12 cops in riot gear walking on the sidewalk, nobody saying a word.  I turned a corner and walked another few minutes, and saw what I guess was 25 or so police SUV's and vans parked.   

Different feeling in the air tonight, and now with a curfew, too.  Good night to be inside, I think.

• Sad 1