My new masks!

MickinMD

I got 50 "disposable" masks for $26.95 from Amazon, delivered in 1 day with Amazon Prime, that are identical to the one I've been carefully preserving that I got on March 30th from my doctor's office when I went in for a sinus infection.  That one got a black smudge when I explored my burnt house Friday so these arrived just in time.

The have the same 17.5 cm x 9.5 cm L & W of "non-woven fabric," the same 3 plies (I can't blow air through it with my mouth), the same stitching, the same 3 folds in the same places, the same length and quality elastic ear bands, and the same deformable strip to fit the nose. They're blue, which I prefer over my doctor's office white..

The elastic is comfortable around the ear, tight but not too tight, for my average-man-size, 23" circumference head.

The Amazon listing and the box both say "non-medical use" but that means not for medical workers' use during medical procedures - they are clearly for some degree of medical filtering and for use in medical setting as the "Cautions" on the box say: "The product is not intended for use by healthcare professionals in an operating room or in other settings with similar requirements," and "Used masks should be disposed of in accordance with the requirements of hospitals and environmental protection departments."

The box recommends throwing them away after one use, but I'm going to rotate a few of them, hanging them to dry on the lock levers of my double-hung windows after wearing them: extended sunlight kills corona viruses.  I won't toss them until they get dirty.

Now I'll keep several in the glove compartment in case I forget my insulated shopping bag where I keep the one I'm currently using in a hard glasses case or if people I meet-up with need them.

image.thumb.png.5ba050129c053636fa5519f84dc76014.png

Also, for the return of C19 around October, I ordered 5 5-ply masks

• Awesome 1