Have you gained weight during the lockdown?

Randomguy

5 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Steady like a rock. A big ass rock. Sort of a boulder. 
Like that line in the Grateful Dead song. It don’t change. Stay 72, come shine or rain. 

Me too..solid muscle...with a layer of fat that just does not want to go away..almost tempted to try a fad program.. @jsharr is Mrs Jsharr still doing optiva?

I was thinking about doing weight watchers  and the they let a bunch of folk go..via zoom..wasn't  sure I wanted to align with them.

15 hours ago, petitepedal said:

What are you doing?

Mostly just eat less, move more.  I've just recently started moving away from sugar as much as possible, but lost most of the weight just through sort of traditional diet... low fat, low calorie, smaller more frequent meals/snacks.  And lots and lots of exercise.... 6 or 7 days a week... biking, running, walking, yoga, calisthenics, etc.

Lately, as I look to transition to more of a maintenance mode, I've been more conscious of avoiding sugar.  Drinking all coffee black, eating whole foods, unsweetened, or very lightly sweetened with better for you sugars.  Going to keep one of my favorite things, ice cream, as a very rare treat only eaten at an ice cream joint, never to take home and keep in the freezer.  It's just too easy to get sucked back in.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 6/1/2020 at 7:53 AM, Randomguy said:

I have gone down a few pounds, but I am still close to the heaviest I have been.  I can't blame the virus for this.

I've been limiting snacks and eating a lot of soups - made from scratch and canned - which are relatively low-Calorie.

So I lost 7 then gained 2 back.

• Heart 1