My town has a problem

Chris...

There will always be yahoos looking for a chance to use their toys and to maybe get to shoot someone.  I suspect that the police will take a dim view of any outsiders bringing arms to a protest as they should.

Meanwhile we are working very hard to turn protests into civil war.

Looks like what is going down in my town now too.  Tons of armed locals.  

The locals seem to be out in an effort to protect the businesses.

It is very concerning.  I wonder how many of these people are properly trained in how to handle weaponry.  Also, I heard reports of many of them being very drunk while doing their gun toting.  This is hugely concerning.

This all went down last night.  One person was arrested, for fighting.  Otherwise, no rioting, looting, or police battery here.

It is easy to talk tough in small towns that don't anticipate much of a problem.   Some gun hoarders need to justify the numbers/types of guns they have, too.  I would if I had a bunch of guns. 

Yahoos looking for trouble.  It won't be so cool when they shoot somebody and get arrested/charged.  Let walmart pay for its own security, ya dumbshits (looking at you, Clint), how many billions do they have at their disposal?   Have you been deputized?  Lotsa laws against proclaiming yourself to be king vigilante and thinking you are now the law.

• Heart 1

Is that a Ramcharger?  Freaking dope AF.

We gots a lot of good ole' boys in my subdivision and surrounding area.  Lot's of guns, ammo.  Lotta law enforcement and ex-military.  Everyone hunts.  For being so close to Louisville it is so different than downtown.  Most dudes in my area are fed up with this crap, but not going out looking for a fight.  But if the B.S. in Louisville starts to move into our little town I think that it would not end well.  

• Heart 1

I live in a pretty affluent suburb. While we have had protests  downtown (mostly peaceful, although a little property destruction), we’re 8 miles away and in a different world. If it wasn’t for Covid, things would seem completely normal.

I work in a very economically depressed area. Here, it seems people are too disenfranchised to even protest. It’s like any normal week out there, too.

We've been very lucky in the Baltimore Area.  The protests have been peaceful with assholes causing problems in small, isolated incidents.  There hasn't been a relative lot of damage.

WBAL TV: "Gov. Larry Hogan said Tuesday he "couldn't be more proud" of what happened in Baltimore on Monday as hundreds of peaceful protesters marched through downtown, up the Jones Falls Expressway and to police headquarters.

Only six people were arrested Monday night, four for failure to obey a lawful order, one for throwing fireworks and another for carrying a long gun.

"First of all, I think that the citizens of Baltimore, just having gone through that, the pain of that 2015 [the Freddie Gray riots, where most damage occurred in Black neighborhoods], did not want to see it happen again," Hogan told C4. "It was something you did not see around the country and there was so much cooperation. There was a handful of these extremists who had a violent agenda and most of the people, protesters were stopping them for days from doing the things they were doing in other cities, which was fantastic."

• Heart 1