I feel the need to protest

Parr8hed

This happens at too many facilities I work in.  Mostly, if not all female workers.  There are usually two bathrooms.  Male and Female.  

All too many times I go into the men's room and someone dropped some serious ass in there.  If I am the only male working then the women are going in the men's room strictly to make a poo.  

I won't tolerate these women stinking up my men's rooms.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

We used to office on a floor that we were pretty much the only tenant.  If we saw other people in a stall, we had a special whistle.  If the person in the stall did not respond with the same whistle, we had a tendency to turn off the lights on the way out of the bathroom.

At another building, the boss called a locksmith and had a keyed lock installed on the bathroom door, as again, we were the only tenants on that floor.  Only people with keys were us.  That stopped the interlopers pretty quickly.  When the landlord found out, they made us buy a new door as I recall.

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

People in the next building come to my building to poop.  It's rude. 

Word gets around about the best restrooms in an office building.  The main thing I miss from our old office building was the really nice gym.  It had nice showers, but also, with the exception of lunch and the evening, the locker room and attached bathrooms were fairly empty all the time.  Peace and quiet to take care of business.

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Happy that I don't have to deal with their shit right now.  I have a private bathroom.

Go to a different building to poop?  LOL.

I work at one facility that only has one toilet.  There are like 6-7 staffers there.  The toilet is right behind the nursing station.  If you have to go in there and blow it up then everyone knows.  

• Haha 2

Would an air freshener violate any ban on perfume in the workplace? 

I did work at a major construction site....1 washroom for  several women but 2 washrooms for several men.  The reality was in our immediate construction container building, it was probably an even 50-50% gender split.  Meanwhile out in the field construction sites it was 85% men...several hundred.

One thing seems noticeable, lineups of women for washrooms at theatres/concerts/games are quite long. Often longer than men's. They have to do more at times..ie. clean-up. And this is not makeup or hairstyling stuff.

Sorry.

7 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Happy that I don't have to deal with their shit right now.  I have a private bathroom.

Did you ever grow up with many siblings? ... As long as people are neat and men put down the toilet cover.  I have no problem.

It doesn't get easier when one ages...frequency may increase.

When I worked for the large corporation, there were about 650 employees in our building. For a long time about 95% were women. At one point there were only 3 men on the 2nd floor. It was essentially private. 
Later I was move to another area of the building. About half the men worked in one area. 1 stall, one urinal, one sink. Most days not a problem and a larger men’s room wasn’t that far away if needed. 
Our men’s room was designated the tornado shelter for our area which was 50/50 men and women. They had the annual tornado drill and one woman commented on how small the restroom was compared to the women’s. “And look! You only have one sink!”  One guy replied, “Pffft! Like we even need THAT!”

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, jsharr said:

We used to office on a floor that we were pretty much the only tenant.  If we saw other people in a stall, we had a special whistle.  If the person in the stall did not respond with the same whistle, we had a tendency to turn off the lights on the way out of the bathroom.

At another building, the boss called a locksmith and had a keyed lock installed on the bathroom door, as again, we were the only tenants on that floor.  Only people with keys were us.  That stopped the interlopers pretty quickly.  When the landlord found out, they made us buy a new door as I recall.

That could have negative results, like looking for a quarter at the airport, when time is of the essence!

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

This happens at too many facilities I work in.  Mostly, if not all female workers.  There are usually two bathrooms.  Male and Female.  

All too many times I go into the men's room and someone dropped some serious ass in there.  If I am the only male working then the women are going in the men's room strictly to make a poo.  

I won't tolerate these women stinking up my men's rooms.  

I don't blame them.  As a former pub owner I can assure you, mens rooms are much cleaner. 

• Heart 1