Black boots are the best

jsharr

When I was in the Army boot polishing was a skill we all had to learn & spent considerable time doing.  This is now a chore no longer required...

We used to joke that the old timers served in the “brown boot army” (brown boots were worn up to the early 50’s).  Shit now those in the service will say, you served in the black boot army...

40 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Serious question.  Aren't boots uncomfortable?  I mean, they might look great but I'm thinking by the end of the day you're probably happy to get out of them.

You would be wrong.  Totally comfortable.  All day comfortable.  Have to be a good fitting pair of boots though.  I am a true fan of Ariat boots.  Own three pairs right now.

50 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Serious question.  Aren't boots uncomfortable?  I mean, they might look great but I'm thinking by the end of the day you're probably happy to get out of them.

I wore boots for years and a well fitted pair of boots are really comfortable.  I wore Army issue & patrol boots but still comfy.

One if my uniform vendors gave me a pair of duty boots to try out & they are by far the most comfortable pair of boots I ever wore.  All day comfort for sure.  I just don’t have a need for duty boots any more...

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

You notice they don’t get used for walking. 

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, The_Karen_Cooper_Incident said:

I used to buy Justin boots.  Most of them at the time were made in the US back then.  They were awesome.

Yep.  I have owned Justin, Nocona, Hondo, Dan Post and Ariat that I can recall.

I have wide feet with a high instep.  I really like my Ariat boots.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

I wore boots for years and a well fitted pair of boots are really comfortable.  I wore Army issue & patrol boots but still comfy.

One if my uniform vendors gave me a pair of duty boots to try out & they are by far the most comfortable pair of boots I ever wore.  All day comfort for sure.  I just don’t have a need for duty boots any more...

He said duty.

1CC55CE0-ED8C-4F45-B967-19C3C6020852.png

• Haha 3

I guess they are OK, as long as you stay on the scuff and dust problems, like ugly on an ape. I guess you have that handled though, as you have a shoe shine stand at work. Otherwise, black boots, as well as, black cars look dirty most of the time.  I always preferred tan or brown boots.

4 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

I guess they are OK, as long as you stay on the scuff and dust problems, like ugly on an ape. I guess you have that handled though, as you have a shoe shine stand at work. Otherwise, black boots, as well as, black cars look dirty most of the time.  I always preferred tan or brown boots.

I drive a black car as well.  This are my nice boots.  I have an old beat up pair of brown boots.  My really really beat up pair got taken from my by my son.