Sign in to follow this  
Dirtyhip

What are you capable of?

Provide as many words as possible.

Lots

And the very accurate analog precise and wonderful Parody Meter is happy to say.......... 2.01

I can manage a 37 million dollar budget, fire people who disrespect the mission, and cry almost every morning when I see the empty playground.  Yep, I am that person. 

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Sad 2

I'm a fair piano player, a good, "club level." tournament-level chess player, a very good teacher and curriculum developer, and a DAMN good chemist with publications in research journals and patent disclosures (owned by Dow Chemical) to prove it.  I announced to parents and teachers I wanted to be a chemist when I was 12, despite how unlikely that was for a kid from a very poor family. 16 years later I was Chief Chemist of Process Development for a subsidiary of Dow.  Later I was Lead AP and Gifted & Talented Teacher for Chemistry and Physics at Maryland's largest high school.

I think I know how to process gold ore at a much cheaper cost than now. It involves what are called flotation reagents and highly polar organic molecules whose negative areas would have a 3-dimensional shape into which positive gold ions in the ores would fit.  It would reopen mines that have closed in places like the Black Hills of South Dakota.  But it would take around 10 years and $10 million in research without a guarantee of success.  It would also mean I'd have to work 60-100 hours a week for a decade.  Shit on that.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, MickinMD said:

I'm a fair piano player, a good, "club level." tournament-level chess player, a very good teacher and curriculum developer, and a DAMN good chemist with publications in research journals and patent disclosures (owned by Dow Chemical) to prove it.  I announced to parents and teachers I wanted to be a chemist when I was 12, despite how unlikely that was for a kid from a very poor family. 16 years later I was Chief Chemist of Process Development for a subsidiary of Dow.  Later I was Lead AP and Gifted & Talented Teacher for Chemistry and Physics at Maryland's largest high school.

I think I know how to process gold ore at a much cheaper cost than now. It involves what are called flotation reagents and highly polar organic molecules whose negative areas would have a 3-dimensional shape into which positive gold ions in the ores would fit.  It would reopen mines that have closed in places like the Black Hills of South Dakota.  But it would take around 10 years and $10 million in research without a guarantee of success.  It would also mean I'd have to work 60-100 hours a week for a decade.  Shit on that.

* disappointed *  Mick that was only 199 words.  You can do better...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

What are you capable of?

I bet I (and most of us) are capable of anything up to and including murder.

• Like 2

Eat a box of pop tarts in 10 minutes. 

• Haha 1
  • Envious 1

sharts

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

balade-en-amoureux-c-thomas-loraschi-54342-2-zoom-article.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

balade-en-amoureux-c-thomas-loraschi-54342-2-zoom-article.jpg

I've seen that thing in sturgis giving rides up and down main street. 

• Like 2

FAE62C4E-93BB-4C91-8B5D-544ACCFE1102.jpeg.457b26261f7b8e8e11870d2dcbfc0147.jpeg

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Save lives. I’ve donated over 10 gallons of blood. Each pint, separated into its components, can save three lives. 80 pints equals 240 lives. Bonus is I am CMV negative which makes my blood safe for infants. Highlight was meeting a woman who received one of my donations and lived to tell the tale. 

For the win

On 6/1/2020 at 8:49 PM, Dirtyhip said:

wait for my autobiography, The Art of the Bikeman :D  

• Like 1