Good job, Russia

Prophet Zacharia

“A major fuel spill in Siberia has prompted Russian President Vladimir Putin to declare a state of emergency in an environmentally sensitive Arctic region after publicly scolding local authorities for what he said was a botched response. A fuel tank at a power plant ruptured Friday in Norilsk — above the Arctic Circle in north-central Russia — leaking at least 20,000 tons of diesel fuel into the nearby Ambarnaya River. Satellite images showed large swaths of the waterway contaminated from the spill.”

I feel it has to be bad for Putin to have admitted it.

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Does 20,000 tons sound better than 3,458,000 barrels of diesel fuel?  Does is does it sound better than 145,236,000 gallons of diesel fuel.

I think they need @KrAzY's help cleaning that up.  He got the 'sperience. 

Sadly I agree that yes it does on the first point and yes they do on the second.

16 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Does 20,000 tons sound better than 3,458,000 barrels of diesel fuel?  Does is does it sound better than 145,236,000 gallons of diesel fuel.

Actually weight of fuel is much more accurate. Hydrocarbon fuels are burned by weight not volume. For example gasoline takes about 14.7 pounds of air for each pound of gasoline. It's just easier to measure a liquid by gallons. 

On 6/4/2020 at 3:17 PM, Kzoo said:

Been following it a little.. my suggestion is to just light it on fire right about now... there is nothing they can do now they have not tried... it's getting too late for it to be cleaned, and it will just mostly settle on the bottom of the rivers and teams.