A 30 day challenge for those interested

Square Wheels

Just now, maddmaxx said:

I'm in. 30 days is a long time to plan ahead though.

For me, I chose 30 days of running.  I'd just like people to commit to 30 days of something.  Maybe a brisk walk today.  A few sit-ups tomorrow.  A short bike ride the next day...

Just don't make excuses.  Broke your leg?  Do chair exercises.  Lost your job, do yoga and add in some meditation.

Just do something.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

50 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Last night I decided to have a kamikaze shot, it was a tiny one (OK, maybe it was 12oz or so).  I got a wee bit more drunk thank planned.  I watched way too many YouTube videos.  One I liked was of a runner, she challenged herself to run every day, no matter what.  Her bail out run was a mile.  She also did a marathon in the middle.

I will run every day, at least 2 miles for the next 30 days.  I don't think I will have a bail run out of anything shorter, but during this 30 days I will likely go longer.  I will also ride on some of those days, and likely continue my nightly walk with my wife on most nights.

I'd like to challenge you to do some physical activity for 30 days in a row.  It doesn't need to be hard, or the same thing like a ride every day.  Let's say you decide to do 50 pushups a day and on day 5 your pecs are killing you.  Tough, do 50 on your knees.

No gym needed, no bike needed, no fancy equipment needed.  Those are all excuses.  Stuck in the house, tough.  Clearly you have internet access if you're reading this.  Go online and find bodyweight exercises.

Give yourself a bailout exercise, and mentally try not to use it, but smile if you do.

Who's in?

Great Idea.  I have a lot of work to do on my yard in addition to walking Jake 2-3 miles at a time and the resistance bands (10, 20, 30, 40, 50 lbs) I ordered for light workouts to get back in shape have arrived that I plan to use every other day.  So I can do whatever activities the weather allows and, if it looks like it will rain for more than a day, I can work on alternate muscle groups each day.

2096135144_Tube(Clip)ResistanceBandsExercises.JPG.4eb6e38950216e67c171bde327dc21c4.JPG

• Heart 3

25 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

but I already road the last 137 days in a row :dontknow:

@bikeman564™ already inspired me and I set a goal for myself to ride every day in June.  My bailout is 3 laps in my neighborhood which is 2.5 miles.  So far the streak is in tact but work has gotten busy so I have resorted to the bail out ride a couple of times already.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

@bikeman564™ already inspired me and I set a goal for myself to ride every day in June.  My bailout is 3 laps in my neighborhood which is 2.5 miles.  So far the streak is in tact but work has gotten busy so I have resorted to the bail out ride a couple of times already.

Awesome :) I never heard the term bailoot :D but my bailoot would be a store trip, or pickin' up a carry oot from a local restaurant :D Which I've done

• Awesome 1

We just finished something similar in May for work - 7000 equivalent steps for 24 of the days.  I liked the rest days. :D

So with no rest days, what is the minimum? One of our mottos at work is minimal effort to meet the requirements. :D

Lawn mowing with a push mower would qualify if at least half an hour, right?  And one mile dog walks?

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Awesome :) I never heard the term bailoot :D but my bailoot would be a store trip, or pickin' up a carry oot from a local restaurant :D Which I've done

Yeah that was SW term but it works.   My term was check the box ride.  OK check the box, got my ride in.  

• Heart 1

This is a wonderful idea in theory.  Seriously.  But if RG gets all buff and shit, he's gonna be bang'in chicks left and right after the looting and lock downs.  Imagine, hundreds of little RG juniors walking the streets off NYC!

FUCK!

SW, I know your heart is in the right place but you have to think these things through.

Mudkipz

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, The_Karen_Cooper_Incident said:

This is a wonderful idea in theory.  Seriously.  But if RG gets all buff and shit, he's gonna be bang'in chicks left and right after the looting and lock downs.  Imagine, hundreds of little RG juniors walking the streets off NYC!

FUCK!

SW, I know your heart is in the right place but you have to think these things through.

Mudkipz

So, you're in?  How pair of running shoes do you have?  Strap one on and get out there.

Just now, The_Karen_Cooper_Incident said:

I wish I could run.  But I have to have a couple of things on my backside that need fusing together at some point.  

After every time I run, I think about buying a bag of heroin because of the pain.

No problem (an no heroin).  Do something else.  Upper body exercises, walking...

8 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Karen Cooper Couch....

Walk Ylva...that counts.

I am in..but I might not start til I get ride of this weird sore throat...which given it's kinda strange could be later today...I will walk, bike or do a weight workout :nodhead:

You're in, start today.

No excuses.

WoBG and I walk our 2 dogs every day, about 1 1/2 miles.  The only times we skip the walk, when its raining a LOT, or temps cold enough so the dogs start lifting their paws off of the ground, which is generally 5 F or colder. (they never did like boots for the winter)  Most days the walk starts at approximately 10:00 AM.   Light rain, or snow, we go for the walk.  Snowy walks are the best...   We walked today at 8:00 AM because of the heat. Yesterday our Beagle laid down in the shade about 1/2 mile from home.  She never did that before.  We waited for a while then we walked home. 

So I guess we are already complete with the challenge.

• Heart 1

20 miles, 2800 ft of climbing.  e-bike ride.

378 intensity minutes on my Garmin.  I was hitting the red zone a bit today.  

Dialed in my shock a bit with the new lighter coil.  I had to stiffen up the setting and slow down the rebound.  <===that sounds sexy

• Heart 1

I did a garden walk. I haven’t done anything since October 29th last year. Kind of tied down here. I figured I better start slow so I set Strava for walk. Some of it was a bit faster than a walk. About 26 laps around my garden.

6CE954EE-4606-4D5D-8E50-49E366E58CBD.thumb.png.3ec8c20cd7a3b20fd3b5b98208189ddd.png

it will be interesting to see where I am in thirty days.

• Heart 3

I've been walking, planning to build up to running. And bicycling, when I rode around my yard the other day my lower back started to spasm bad enough to scare me. Today I can't look up with out extreme pain in my neck. No idea why.

But I'm in for at least a walk, every day, starting tomorrow.

An aside. When I had Brittney's, a daily walk was not an option, nothing like an active dog to get you off your ass

• Heart 1

21 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

OK, new rule.  No heroin. 

That's a relief. Hookers and blow are OK! :hapydance:

Oh, and no one has pointed out, "running is evil." :D I will stick with biking and perhaps add in (not substitute) some swimming and canoeing for upper body. It is much easier on the knees.

• Heart 1