I got a new toy

Square Wheels

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

That Is NOThow dibs works!  @Kzoo can we get a ruling?

OK, I'll hold on to it and gift it to you, with a catch.

Today is the start of my 30 day challenge.

Go for a run every day for 30 days, and it's yours.  It must start today.  You cannot skip any days.

If you haven't run recently (or ever), I suggest a couch to 5k program.  It's amazing how hard it is to start running.

This is my old one: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/603267

Deal?

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

53 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Deal!  

Please post what you did in the 30 day challenge thread.  I will trust you.  If you are not a runner, I cannot stress enough to start slow.  It is really easy to get injured, and those can last.  I sprained a tendon on a 10 mile treadmill run.  It hurt and affected my runs for years.  Also, if you start doing long runs, look into nipple bleeding.  It's real and it hurts a lot.  Most women wear sports bras, so they don't have the issue.  For long runs I wear band aids (they hurt to take off).  For short runs, nothing.

It's a really nice watch, it is in brand new condition.  I wore it as my regular watch.  I have a bunch of bands, I mix and match them.  I even bought a really nice titanium band.  The fit the new watch, so I'll only give you the orange one it came with.

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Please post what you did in the 30 day challenge thread.  I will trust you.  If you are not a runner, I cannot stress enough to start slow.  It is really easy to get injured, and those can last.  I sprained a tendon on a 10 mile treadmill run.  It hurt and affected my runs for years.  Also, if you start doing long runs, look into nipple bleeding.  It's real and it hurts a lot.  Most women wear sports bras, so they don't have the issue.  For long runs I wear band aids (they hurt to take off).  For short runs, nothing.

It's a really nice watch, it is in brand new condition.  I wore it as my regular watch.  I have a bunch of bands, I mix and match them.  I even bought a really nice titanium band.  The fit the new watch, so I'll only give you the orange one it came with.

Downloaded a Couch to 5 k app and will get Ryan to keep me honest.  Sell the watch to someone as I was just being a smart ass.

after 30 days I may demand a forum name change to The Texas Obviously Sucks Forum

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I'm getting a Garmin Edge 530 tomorrow for my birthday. The screen on my old 520 is starting to go bad. I've probably dropped it too many times over the years.

I just ordered one a few minutes ago. I used my REI dividend plus a couple of gift cards from those “take a picture of your receipt and earn cash” apps. It took about a year, but I had enough where my actual cost was just under $30. 

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

It's a small update from the one I have.  Has a few more options, the face is a tiny bit bigger (and my eyes are getting old), and it's lighter.

An obscure magazine called "Bicycling" has a short article on the Fenix 6X Pro in their latest issue.

• Heart 1