Happy Sunday

petitepedal

Beautiful day here too. Church was good today, my wife slept through it. This was the first day that people could attend physical church if they wanted to. I don’t know how many did. We always have livestream and the service is also on Facebook live and on TV. If I was able to go I would still wait a bit before joining in.

I’m enjoying listening to the birds and soaking up a beautiful day.

image.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

It's a beautiful day here in The Land of Pleasant Living after week with highs in the 90's.  It's supposed to stay in the 70's until 2 pm, than a high of 82° with low humidity.

Tomorrow, Monday, is supposed to be the same - then back to hot and an humid and rainhy for a few days before two more nice days.

So I've got four days mapped out to do yard work.  I have leftover chicken soup and sloppy Joes ready to be nuked for Sun & Mon dinners and enough tuna salad made for two days of lunches in case I'm too sore and lazy to cook anything.

I'm invited to a pool party my brother is throwing on Saturday and I think I'm going to go.  The four people I mentioned who have had contact or live with a COVID-19 relative are probably going to be there.  We'll be doing social distancing though I'm almost sure to get a hug and kiss from 20 year-old Grace whose brother is the one with COVID-19. If so, I'll immediately dive into the swimming pool.  Pools that are properly chlorinated, etc. kill coronaviruses and my brother did all the chemicals a week ago when he opened the pool for the Summer.  I had a beer with my brother yesterday and, with social distancing, see his family fairly often because I walk their dog Jake.

My sister is so terrified and worried that she may not be immune even after the two weeks of 101-104° COVID-19 fevers, she's not going - and said that before the COVID-19 case became known.  She, 61 and very well-set for retirement, expects to retire soon from Johns Hopkins, maybe as soon as August.  Johns Hopkins may lay-off MUCH more staff because it's losing money like crazy dealing with COVID-19 and says it will take a few years to get back to normal even if a vaccine is found soon.  But my sister is Senior Assistant to a top doctor there and not in the might-be-let-go group.

Right now, they are setting up a new COVID-19 research program proposal and my sister, after two weeks of fever, became involved and asked, "Have you chosen the lab that's going to do the tests and figured out that lab's charges so you could include them in the money asked for in the research proposal?"  She got the answer from the mostly-new other staff members, "What?"

The relatively new staff in her department keep overlooking instructions and making things harder on themselves right now. So my sister's boss and the Hopkins staff do not want her to retire. So we shall see.