Where is our pig guy?

Dottleshead

7 minutes ago, Dottles said:

He's his own man. I respect that. I also got to know him a bit from the other site that shall not be named.

Yeah, it was a little strange because he seems to like talking aboot that crapola. Maybe he is just frustrated that he can’t talk aboot it here. 

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Yeah, it was a little strange because he seems to like talking aboot that crapola. Maybe he is just frustrated that he can’t talk aboot it here. 

Hopefully he comes back? I think he will. But it is true there's a lot of crap going on and it's just heating up. It'll be ratcheting up late summer. I will be maybe joining him?

15 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Too much politics for him?

Yeah - I always wondered why he tosses his random political posts and then bemoans the fall out and even pushed hard against the P&R section.  It was a lot of trolling, but he was usually also able to temporarily turn it off.  Maybe he's looking for Greta and hoping she needs a captain for her next trans-oceanic sailing trip?

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I was very disappointed at the intolerance displayed yesterday. So I see his point. Hopefully I won’t have to follow suit. PS, @Wilbur, It’s not gonna get much better after the election. 

Everyone has an opinion and I respect them as long as they don't want to force their's on me.

Compared to the forum that shall not be named, people are VERY considerate here and try to avoid being zealots in their posts.  I hope that remains true.

• Heart 1

43 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Everyone has an opinion and I respect them as long as they don't want to force their's on me.

Compared to the forum that shall not be named, people are VERY considerate here and try to avoid being zealots in their posts.  I hope that remains true.

We wouldn't think of trying to change your mind.:rolleyes:

• Hugs 1

Guys, I am taking a break from online "entertainment", that is all.   As I said, this is going to get worse before it gets better. If you haven't noticed, the world is increasingly divisive, especially with the addition C-19 and racial tension.   The number of race baiting and racist posts as well as those accusing racism have increased substantially here and I find that inexcuseable.   While the race based tragedies of hundreds of years ago determined negative outcomes, I disagree wholeheartedly on the affects today.  Today's problems are the culture within whom they affect more than anything else.  There is very little systemic effect beyond the public school system. 

For Shootingstar: Yes, the Chinese were treated poorly in Canada during the construction of the national railway, but those Chinese, were also very mercenary.  They were not brought across on slave ships, they paid to get here to do the job they were hired for and paid a Chinese agent who never had the workers best interests at heart.  They volunteered for the more dangerous jobs for pay bonuses.   About (because there is no record) 600 perished during construction of the railway.  The same estimate for Chinese Canadians killed in WW2.  The war where 70,000 Euro-Canadians perished.  So, the victimization of the Chinese plight is wrong, but it sticks because it is anti-white in an ever increasingly anti-white world.  Fortunately, I don't suffer white guilt.  I do have empathy for legitimate causes. Racism against Chinese isn't one of those.  It is no more an issue for Chinese than anyone else.  To cling to this today as an example of racism is classic victim mentality.  Much the same as hatred for those who have greater wealth.   At this time, the Chinese community is the most privileged in Canada by all measures.  The only victims are those that bestow it upon themselves.  So SS, I do not hate the Chinese or "the face like yours" which is very racist of you btw.  I despise the CCP and the current government of Canada's lack of resolve to punish their many misdeeds.  If you wish to attack racists, go take on the governments there who place placards all over stating "No Blacks" and "No Africans".   Those are racists. 

While I am there, I do enjoy politics and discussing politics, but I enjoy discussion, not fighting and name calling.  I have seen comments previously about my perhaps not liking the politics of others.  That is just a copout and a very weak and disingenuous position.  I fully appreciate the politics of both sides and share beliefs from both.  The problem with online political talk is the escalation to "radicalism" and disrespect that takes place in nearly every discussion.  Cycling forums seem to attract liberal participants and that is very apparent in political discussion.  What I complained of in P&R here, was the circle-jerk swarm the leftists took part in.  Where a differing opinion was voiced, the classic liberal labels for the right ensued, including all the hot buttons of the day like racist, homophobe, xenophobe etc.  You know them all.  Hillary used them all during her "deplorable" campaign.  One poster here uses them very eloquently, So, in race terms, the liberals in this group during a swarm are the whites, calling the conservatives, n166ers.  There is no difference at all.  The sentiment, intent, and ratio are the same.  This is why politics had to go to keep this a viable discussion group.  Yes, you can point fingers at me and others who suggested it go, but it was the behaviour that made it apparent. 

"All lives matter" is only racist because of bias.  In itself, it is not a racist comment.  Every and all lives do matter and none is more important than another.  That goes for age discrimination as well.  The oldest (fucking boomers) on this forum are no less valuable than the youngest.   If your feelings are that blacks are marginalized by other races or systemically, you will find it to be a racist remark.  If you don't buy into systemic racism nor look at specific events, you will not find it a racist remark.  Where blacks fail in the US is in a horrible public school system, family unit and much of their current culture.  It isn't because the man is keeping them down.  Break the victim mentality. 

The statistics do not support systemic racism within the policing ranks.  There are bad individuals, like the Dallas cops that suffocated Tony Timpa.  Perhaps it is systemic racism that you don't recognize his name.  Perhaps the media itself is guilty of it. So, while black lives do matter, so does every other life.  Perhaps "Lives matter" would be less offensive.

If you think reparation to the black community is in order, then sell your house and car and other toys and donate the funds directly.  Lead by example, not by the example of your desire to give my things away.  At least that will lend credibility to your commitment to the cause and perhaps sway others. 

Now, I hope that answers the questions.  I am not angry, not mad, not stomping feet and taking my toys.  I am just not liking the direction of the forum and see it as getting much worse before it gets better.   Prove me wrong.  

Enjoy your summer, I will see you in the late fall.  Yes, after the elections. 

Peace! 

Oh, and DH.  My comment on the bean shot to the groin was meant as a joke in a hostile room.  FWIW, my mother is a feminist and has been all my life.  She was never radicalized but she would not allow things she found demeaning, like Barbie's, in the house.  She would see the humour in my comment on "Me Too" and she also despises what the movement became.  Again, it is the degree in which we buy into current agendas and the hijacking of good intents.  

Cheers all. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

Hmmm. I don't ever recall naming him a racist. We just disagree in certain areas.  

And he does not live my life nor any of my family members..at all. So  he nor anyone in this forum can't speak of real incidents that I and other family members have personally experienced. 

Anyway...life does move on. And it needs to. 

41 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Hmmm. I don't ever recall naming him a racist. We just disagree in certain areas.

I think it is important to remember that, even if his politics are absolutely wacky sometimes, at other times they are spot on.  The other thing to remember it that it is cool to have differences of opinion, it would suck if we were all the same.  The other OTHER thing to remember is that Wilbur is a good guy who we all like.

Don't be a dickbag and go away, Wilbur, you must stay and play, and just ignore the ones who are assholing it up when you are not feeling it.

• 3 weeks later...