Neighbors that are close

Airehead

No..  The closest house is about 200 feet away.

We stayed in the cabins at the North Ridge of the Grand Canyon.   They were duplex cabins.   We could hear the people unzip there luggage.   I can't imagine what they thought about us.  :D

• Heart 1

My condo is part of a unit with 4 attached homes.   However, they're designed so that the living areas for each  condo are separated  and no unit is above any other unit.  I can hear if someone is doing construction, but otherwise, I don't recall hearing my neighbors. 

• Heart 1

The house I moved out of, we could hear the neighbor strike a match to light his cigarette, and we could smell it, even with the windows closed.

This house the neighbor is at least 100 feet away, we don't hear much from them. But the guy who lives 300 feet away we can hear everything. Acoustics are involved, but mostly I think he is just a really loud guy.  

• Heart 1

I’m in the middle of a hundred acres, but yes I can hear my neighbors. I have a factory that makes bed springs abutting the east side of my property. There is a constant low drone from them, but not very loud. It’s easy to ignore. On the south side I have a ballpark. You can hear the aluminum bats ring, not so much the wood ones though. On the west side across the road my neighbor has a 3 gun course set up. He and his buddies are usually blasting away there on weekends; that kinda carries. 
Mostly I hear frogs and crickets. 

• Heart 1

I rarely hear my neighbours on my floor and above me.  I live in a concrete building...which is good from a soundproofing and heat retention perspective.  Unfortunately a few years after my building was built, for new highrises  the city is allowing part wood construction for buildings think around up to 6 stories high. 

We also don't have many families with children in our bidg. At any given time, no more than 2-3 families ..if that.

I do hear people say something in hall while waiting for elevator...very minor.  Only happens during day....1-2 words.  Maybe 1-2 times per wk. So minor. And no different than hearing someone talking loud next door while you are standing in your own backyard.

Now if people were partying and plaing music loud at ngiht..  which happened only twice during the 10 years I've lived here.  They quickly clamped down when I knocked on their door.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Allen said:

3 gun course set up. He and his buddies are usually blasting away there on weekends; that kinda carries. 

I forgot about the gun range that is about 3 miles away from my home.  Most of the 3 miles is over the water of the Illinois River, so the sound carries a lot.   On Saturday and Sunday, they must have some people firing some BIG guns. and some automatic (or nearly automatic) weapons too.   When you are outside, it kind of sounds like a small war.  In the home,.. we don't notice it much at all.  

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

close enough to say Bless you

28 minutes ago, Mr. Grumpy said:

I was working in the garage over the weekend and sneezed.  The woman working in her front yard across the street yelled, "Bless you!".

Hi friend...........I am not hideous

kv7d9Vi.jpg

• Heart 1

There is a dirt stock car track a mile or so away, when conditions are right I can hear them. Hear a rooster most mornings, and farm machinery off and on. 

A lot of traffic noise from the highway in front of the house, with windows closed it's not bad but with windows open it can be pretty load. A lot of loud motorcycles and pickup trucks.

• Heart 1

Our closest neighbor is about 300 ft away.  A quarter mile the other direction is the Kalamazoo Rod and Gun Club and their firing range.  It's a very popular club with a very busy range.  It's open from sun up to sun down but they only shoot on days that end in 'y'.  About once a month local law enforcement uses it for night firing practice.  The range is pointed pretty much in the opposite direction so we don't usually hear firing from in the house but most days it's constant firing heard outside.  2 evenings ago someone must of been shooting a .50 cal.  Pretty loud.

On the occasional times I think I should be annoyed by it, I just think back to when I was a teen and my brother and I were always shooting at something.  I sure we annoyed or scared someone in the area.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Our closest neighbor is about 300 ft away.  A quarter mile the other direction is the Kalamazoo Rod and Gun Club and their firing range.  It's a very popular club with a very busy range.  It's open from sun up to sun down but they only shoot on days that end in 'y'.  About once a month local law enforcement uses it for night firing practice.  The range is pointed pretty much in the opposite direction so we don't usually hear firing from in the house but most days it's constant firing heard outside.  2 evenings ago someone must of been shooting a .50 cal.  Pretty loud.

On the occasional times I think I should be annoyed by it, I just think back to when I was a teen and my brother and I were always shooting at something.  I sure we annoyed or scared someone in the area.

Do you shoot as well as you mow?

• Haha 1

I can sometimes hear the neighborhood kids out playing.  I can hear the lawn crews.  Other than that, I do not hear much.  Our dogs can hear ants farting and they have to run into the back yard and bark at them.  At least that is what I think is going on.

I need to get some ant killer.

• Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

What are they running stock mufflers. There is a track in Mercer nine miles away and we can hear them race every Saturday night.

Might be 2 miles, depends on the wind, toward us we hear them, away from us and we don’t 

• Heart 2