Jellystone here we come!

Dottleshead

53 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I hope you wore a mask for all of that. I hear they have a lot of hot spots.

Oh yes. Unfortunately not my N95 one but I did wear a surgical one. I'm not worrying about it too much but it was the riskiest moment of my trip. By a long shot.  I have that feeling like driving the speed limit the whole time but speeding once and then getting pulled over. That seems to be how it happens. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Hey now, not all Falcons were created equal. The one I had was a great car.

Oops!  Looks good on you, though !  :D  Convertible?  Pics?

OK, I'll retract that.  I went back and read the Wikipedia article and they were sort of a pioneering "right-sized" car, a reaction to the land yachts then in vogue.  Sposed to be great for a second car or one for wimmin that didn't like boats.  Of course now wimmin have com full circle and are back to driving boats in teh form of SUVs.  I always liked the Corvair and probably would have liked a Falcon since I like smaller cars.

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Oops!  Looks good on you, though !  :D  Convertible?  Pics?

That was back in the days of film cameras and I don’t think I took any pictures of it. I was going to school full time and working full time and having fun full time. No time for pictures. It was white with a white top, red interior, V8 engine, stick shift, four barrel holly carburetor. It was a chick magnet. Crome wheels, 13 inch on the front, 15 inch on the rear (that was cool in those days). The parts books were always wrong when I tried to get replacement parts. By the book things like control arms and ball joints were little bitty things. I had to take my old parts off and the parts store would go through boxes of parts until they matched them up. Everything was massive heavy duty on this car. I bought it slightly used. The parts store guessed it was some kind of special edition.

I found one exactly like it at a car show a few years ago except it had stock wheels. Brought back a lot of fond memories. I remember riding around with a couple hot chicks and the wind blew out one of her contact lenses. That was before the disposable lenses. I stopped the car and me and the two girls searched the car for the lens. We were about to give up when we heard a crunch. The girl that lost the lens knelt on it and it broke, oops.

The drive home always sucks. You just want be home. Or you don't want to be going home already. Either way you're not having a happy ride.

Going to vacation is overflowing with anticipation, high hopes, and a feeling of adventure. I seldom feel that way returning home.

• Heart 1

I had one of my Hondas in for an airbag recall. While I was waiting on my car in their waiting area the service manager came in and ask me to come with him. He had my cabin filter on the service desk and told me I needed a new one. He said that one had never been changed and I had 150,000 miles on the car.  I guess to replace it there was a perforated panel you have to punch out to remove it. Mine had never been punched out. I told him to put it back in, it’s fine.

• Haha 2