its Wednesday

bikeman564™

I get to make a grocery run today. Our aide suggested I make a run while she is here today. She said she has a gap in her schedule today so she can hang around after she gets done until I get back. I’ll include a beer run. For the first time I can remember beer is all gone, none left in the house.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Sad 1

I hope we get some nice gentle rain. I have been watering my garden every evening but it takes a lot of time. We had rain last night but when I looked at the garden this morning the only places that were wet were where I watered. The dry ground must have sucked it up.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, groupw said:

We have lots of down branches from the wind the last few days. Took down a big one out of a tree dying in the front yard. One more branch down like that and I will be able to take down the rest myself instead of paying someone. 

A guy about three miles up the road from me had a big tree in his front yard that was rotting from the inside. I asked him why he didn’t have it cut down before it falls on your house. He said it cost too much,, he waited until it fell on his house and his insurance and the power company took care of everything.:o

This PM it's supposed to "feel like 95° in the shade" according to Accuweather.  So, whenever I get to it, I'm chainsawing for one hour (mostly in shade) and then quitting. Rain tomorrow, walk Jake Friday (84° max!) and then back to the yard.  I hope to mow the wheatfield I've mostly weed wacked early next week.  Then, all the shit that overgrew so much will get cleared.

It’s been unseasonably warm here. June is  usually cool & overcast but supposed to be pushing 90 on the coast today & not a cloud in sight.  But it was in the high 90’s yesterday so a bit cooler today.

I took today off but have been on my phone most of the morning if not here for work shit... Chris takes the day off, let’s lose a master key, have a medical emergency and a vendor decided to come in today after saying he wasn’t coming today. 5 calls with this guy trying to get him on the right path...

All this before 9 am.

5 hours ago, Longjohn said:

A guy about three miles up the road from me had a big tree in his front yard that was rotting from the inside. I asked him why he didn’t have it cut down before it falls on your house. He said it cost too much,, he waited until it fell on his house and his insurance and the power company took care of everything.:o

Mine won’t hit power lines and prevailing winds will keep it from the house. I wish dad were alive to consult. He worked for the forestry service for a while. He could drop a tree exactly where he wanted it. 

• Heart 1