Where is your ancestral homeland?

Randomguy

I am from Cleveland, Ohio, so I guess that is mine.  Otherwise, I am mostly Irish, but I think a grandfather was 1/4 German with the rest Irish.  My grandmother on the other side said that we have a cherokee in the line somewhere, but that was when she was way deep into alzheimers and said all kinds of crazy irrational stuff that wasn't true, so I kind of doubt that part.

England.  the first jsharr to come to the colonies was pressed into service, got to the colonies, deserted, joined the revolutionary army and fought for Murica.  My branch of tree came to Texas in the 1840s, then went west to chase gold then came back to Texas.

According to my mother's parents:

Irish

Scottish

German (biggest chunk)

Flemmish (kinda same as German?)

Algonquin (Native American)

Omaha (Native American)

My father was my stepfather who adopted me, and I've never met my real father, so I don't know about that side. Isn't that enough just from my mom's side, though?

I'm a mutt. On my dad's side, it's a mix of English, Welch and Norwegian for the most part. My grandmother on my mom's side was Pennsylvania Dutch and my grandfather was Scottish (Angus Erastus Cunningham... can't get a more Scottish name than that!)

Both my maternal grand parents were German.  Photo's I've seen of the folks from my grandfather's branch looks Jewish.  It wouldn't surprise me if they left Germany pre-war and dumped their Jewish heritage.

On my father's side, both grandparents were from Canadia.  I don't know from whence they came before that.

I'm a Mennonite and I know my ethnic and cultural heritage, but I don't know how to answer questions about an ancestral homeland. In the last 500 years, my ancestors have been in the Netherlands, an area often disputed between Germany and Poland, Ukraine and parts of Russia and now Canada. Which one do I pick?

On both sides of my family, my grandparents were the only ones in their families to come to Canada the former Soviet Union in the 1920s.

Gotische (Germany/Austria) now Slovenia http://www.gottschee.org/history.html

We hail from house Numbers #13 and #20

My great grandparents road the boat over in 1916, my grandmother was born in 1917 in Cleveland Ohio.

The other side was from Germany and came over in the late 1800's.. This side landed in WV, and thats where I get my redneck side from!