Mayonnaise

a bunch of numbers

Mayonnaise  

9 members have voted

1. 1. This is an important choice. Which is better?

• Hellman's
    • Duke's

I use to default to Hellman's as had never heard of Dukes. First learned on a similar Hellman's vs Dukes thread. Tried it an liked it and now that is what I purchase. Another, while the price is roughly equal with Dukes perhaps a dime cheaper, they also don't skim for profits. With Dukes, 1 qt = 32 oz (and they make a big deal of that) while Hellman's 1 qt = 30 oz, technically making them even more expensive per ounce. 

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Follow Your Heart Soy-Free Vegenaise Better Than Mayo

Better than mayo?  I sense some false advertising on this one.  ;)

Of course, I am teasing.  It is probably fine.  Soy tastes gross, and it isn't made with that.  I am not sure how people tolerate soy milk.  I just do not like it.  Oat/coconut/almond...all are just fine.  Soy just has that aftertaste that I do not like.  Strangely, I enjoy tofu.  Many don't like that. 

9 hours ago, jdc2000 said:

It looks like Duke's is available at Walmart in  my area.  I had not heard of it before, or tried it.  I

13 hours ago, Rick5234 said:

hmmm...  We never used to be able to get it up here in NE Ohio, but now it's all over the place.  It's not better then Hellman's.

It really has never been much of a debate as to what the best mayo is in most places I have lived.  It is much like catsup in that regard, you have Heinz and all rest is crap.

You would encounter nominal competitors with mayo, but Hellman’s was always clearly better. Dukes must be a step up on those competitors to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Hellman’s.

i did buy a second jar of the TJ’s mayo the other day, though, so I wonder what I’ll prefer by the end of the month   

7 hours ago, Dottles said:

I find you're either a mayonnaise guy or a mustard guy.  Count me in the latter group.

I always use mustard and mayonnaise on a turkey or chicken sandwich.  I like the sweetness from the mayo and a little spice from the mustard.  Usually yellow mustard.

• Heart 2

37 minutes ago, Rick5234 said:

I always use mustard and mayonnaise on a turkey or chicken sandwich.  I like the sweetness from the mayo and a little spice from the mustard.  Usually yellow mustard.

I usually eschew both and like my sandwiches, dawgz, and burgers plain. I’ll just use mayo or mustard once in a while for a change. 

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Better than mayo?  I sense some false advertising on this one.  ;)

Of course, I am teasing.  It is probably fine.  Soy tastes gross, and it isn't made with that.  I am not sure how people tolerate soy milk.  I just do not like it.  Oat/coconut/almond...all are just fine.  Soy just has that aftertaste that I do not like.  Strangely, I enjoy tofu.  Many don't like that. 

No idea, I posted it as a joke.  I don't eat mayo of any kind.  Never liked it.

Hellmans is "standard" by which mayo is judged, but Dukes is fine.  Miracle Whip (a "dressing") is also fine in the right circumstances.  I like the TJ's Wasabi Mayo I got for my office lunches, but sadly, that's sitting in the fridge at our abandoned office still :(