Need a announcer

BR46

Road America contacted me today about putting on a sidecar demonstration after the stunt show on Saturday and Sundays superbike race. We have 3 sidecars included ours doing the demonstration but we need a announcer for the show. 

Who wants to help us out?......you might get some TV time. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

I do

That would be great..the pay sucks but you would only have to work a total of 30 minutes each day. The pay is free tickets for the superbike race, a beer and a brat.

• Heart 1

At one point I was the principal announcer for one large racing club and I did several auto shows.  All of that was free for the club.  I was hired for a New England regional once and  that was really cool as there was a computer scoring system and an assistant to help me keep track of who was who during the race.  I couldn't do that these days as the old vocal chords give out after about 10 minutes of talking.

Besides, I expect that my contracted private jet and hotel room would be prohibitively costly for the races.

I always envied Jack Arute whose family owned Stafford Speedway and who eventually became an announcer on television for the races.  His family bought the speedway from my wife's uncle shortly before we were married.  :mellow:  I have a strange feeling that I would have enjoyed that family business.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

At one point I was the principal announcer for one large racing club and I did several auto shows.  All of that was free for the club.  I was hired for a New England regional once and  that was really cool as there was a computer scoring system and an assistant to help me keep track of who was who during the race.  I couldn't do that these days as the old vocal chords give out after about 10 minutes of talking.

Besides, I expect that my contracted private jet and hotel room would be prohibitively costly for the races.

MAxx wins

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

@MickinMD has done some sports announcing AND he is willing to be out and about with the unwashed masses.

Sorry, I decline.  I quit announcing after rec league football and the unwashed masses have to be near a chlorinated swimming pool!

My last announcing was in the Annapolis High School press box - on the home field where Bill Belichick played high school football - for my nephew Ryan's Severna Park Green Hornets league championship game.  That's how I want to go out:

742622572_OfficialMikeMickeyJudyinAnnap.HighPressbox11_16.14cropped.JPG.861e8393e6babf41029161c10c8cca68.JPG 164369370_ViewoutPressBoxWindow2.JPG.e600bfca938188f51f522cd3b6a0ee3c.JPG

SANY0247.thumb.JPG.931bb091cedd434045edd255bb7fd99f.JPG 95612286_RyanTrophy.JPG.87e49936e69a6c20f6d612eed2ecb471.JPG

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

18 hours ago, BR46 said:

Road America contacted me today about putting on a sidecar demonstration after the stunt show on Saturday and Sundays superbike race. We have 3 sidecars included ours doing the demonstration but we need a announcer for the show. 

Who wants to help us out?......you might get some TV time. 

You had me until the TV time thing.  I have a perfect face for radio.

• Haha 2

Do I get to write my own script?  Make up silly nick names for all the racers?  Make fun of anyone who crashes?  I mean, even if they are hurt a little, cause sometimes that's even funnier.  Oh, wait, first I'll need pictures of the girls that hand out trophies at the end.  They sit in the press box until the end, don't they?

3 minutes ago, 12string said:

Do I get to write my own script?  Make up silly nick names for all the racers?  Make fun of anyone who crashes?  I mean, even if they are hurt a little, cause sometimes that's even funnier.  Oh, wait, first I'll need pictures of the girls that hand out trophies at the end.  They sit in the press box until the end, don't they?

You don't get to sit in the press box. We are doing a demonstration in the paddock area after the stunt show. 

Motorcycle crashes are not really that funny.....I've had a few. 

No trophie girls for what we're doing but we do have 2 hot monkeys.

9 minutes ago, 12string said:

OK, read your man card.  If it happens to someone ELSE, it's funny.

Last time I raced in South Carolina we watched flight for life land twice in one day, in off road racing I seen the guy crash in front of me......he died. I witnessed a guy crash on a jump.... died from his injuries. 

I've seen a quite a few serious injuries and in the racing family it's like laughing at someone with cancer. 

Here's my son's leg after hitting oil on the track. 

IMG954703.thumb.jpg.da8864ad1991ef6246960f185408fee6.jpg

2 hours ago, 12string said:

OK, read your man card.  If it happens to someone ELSE, it's funny.

I'm not trying to come across as a ass but in the racing world we are a close knit family. 

• Heart 1