Drama on my street, a 911 call and a shrubbery on my roof

Dirtyhip

I am super bummed.  These plants were finally taking hold and starting to grow nicely.  It's almost like we can't have anything.  Our truck gets broken at a local trail head.  Our home has been broken into last Summer.  We were burglarized at our camp in Oakridge.  This is depressing.

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I am sorry to hear about your current run of problems.

I'm pretty sure you can save those plants.

How come bad guys never uproot poison ivy during one of their 'episodes'?

Thank you for the laugh.

So, this neighborhood we live in is a nicer neighborhood.  But, we are lower on the hill where there are a lot of rentals.  The really nice homes are up the hill.  Of course, the nicer homes are huge and above the amount we want to pay.  

They put in a low income housing complex within walking distance to our home.  I see more strange activity now.  

We could move further out, but then it complicates my commuting to work via bike.  Summer would be fine, but riding further in the ice and snow really complicates matters.  I can walk to work, or ride.  There is even a very short bus ride, if I feel that I need to use it.  We could move further out, and I could buy a car for the tougher commute days.  :mellow:  A better home will put us back into debt and push out retirement.  I do not like these options one bit.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

They put in a low income housing complex within walking distance to our home.  I see more strange activity now.  

Low income housing purchased an old home across the street and few hundred feet down the road from our old home.   That was the beginning of the end for our old neighborhood.

All of our other neighbors who were there when we moved into the rural neighbor hood moved away, because of the problems that slowly got worse.   We were the last of the original neighborhood to move.  It was the murder where the woman that was stabbed 31 times that was our breaking point were we just spent a bunch of money and built our new big home and moved away.  We'll never go back...

Good luck... 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

OMG.  So last night was nuts.  

That band was playing really loud and apparently they were having some kind of a party.  It was getting late.  Like 9:30, and they were still at it.  They really are a good band, and I was just lying in bed and starting to fall asleep, despite the noise.  My husband was in the back yard.  He was enjoying the music.  He brought his acoustic guitar into the back yard and was gently strumming it, between the rhythms of their loud music.  

All of sudden I hear shit hitting our house.  BANG, and like pebbles or something on the house.  I thought that possibly our tree had snapped a branch or something.  Then, my husband starts screaming at someone.  This crazy man starts yelling at my husband to turn the music down.  The crazy man says "I am trying to get my kids to sleep."  My husband is screaming back over the fence that the band is not at our house.  It's over there.  

Then, my husband comes running into the house.  He says to me "Call the cops!"  I get the cell phone and call 911 for this insane man.  He is ripping out our Arborvitae trees and throwing them over our fence into out back yard.  FUCK!  I get on 911, and start to walk to the front of the house, because that is now where my husband was headed, and the man is heading over to the front of the house.  as I look out the front window there are already like 3 cops at our house.  They were there for the disturbance, aka the loud band and party.  My husband says to the police.  "THAT GUY! Stop him, he just ripped up our shrubs." 

So, the police start to talk to the guy.  He is yelling and screaming.  Another cop is taking our statement.  I am in shock of the whole madness of it all.  One of the police tell us that they believe the guy was looking for a fight, as they saw him walking around with a baseball bat earlier in the day.  WTF?  

Then, the guy being questioned starts running from the police.  He ran up the street.  He got about 3 houses away before he was tackled. 

We will be pressing charges for replacing three arborvitae.   I think we are super lucky that he didn't see the giant rocks next to the trees.  Also, we are lucky that our gates on the perimeter of our home are locked all the time.  

The band and party went on for hours.  I heard them still at about 5 am.  

We did not call the police on the party or the band.  The police said that they have had a ton of calls for the noise.  My husband said "I don't mind it.  They only play a few times a year.  They actually sound really good."  The police agreed that the band was talented.

The end.

Holy hell, that sucks, DH!  People are crazy everywhere, it seems like they found you recently, but that kind of stuff is streaky and maybe your streak will end now.  Good that the guy got nabbed, sounds like some mental health drugs are just the ticket for him.

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

You might want to get a restraining order against that nutcase. It's only a piece of paper but does allow you to call 911 if he even gets close instead of waiting until he actually does something. 

Wow, freaking people suck sometimes.

Ditto to what Jerry said.  He knows where you live and that you filed a criminal complaint.  A restraining order will help effect an arrest & additional charges if he comes back.  

As it stands now he could stand in front of your house & heckle you or try to intimidate you.  A RO would make his presence within a certain number of feet to your residence or you & K subject to arrest.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

You might want to get a restraining order against that nutcase. It's only a piece of paper but does allow you to call 911 if he even gets close instead of waiting until he actually does something. 

I doubt they would grant one for shrubbery issues.  He didn't actually threaten us directly.  I heard those are hard to get granted.  

Sorry to hear this, DH.  It stinks when things impact your sense of safety.  Too bad it didn't happen during the zoom call when we all could have yelled at him.   Once he saw us, he'd be afraid to come back! :nodhead:

• Haha 1