My new laptop

Kzoo

11 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Today I ordered a new MacBook Pro, 16” Display.  It should arrive on Wednesday.  I will have to figure out the USB-C.

Damn USB-C is yet another damn "standard" that ain't standard yet.  My new work Dell has a USB-C doodad that has a USB-C to "regular" adapter attached.  My latest iPhone came with the Lightning to USB-C charger cable & wall plug.

It's coming along, just slow like usual.

Just now, JerrySTL said:

USB-C is easy to figure out. You can plug it in either way. It's like two-sided clipless pedals. 

I had that part figured out.  I need HDMI and 2 usb for mice.  There are a ton of conversation options.

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Today I ordered a new MacBook Pro, 16” Display.  It should arrive on Wednesday.  I will have to figure out the USB-C.

You need to get an adapter to handle earlier USB and HDMI devices.  Those things can run you $80 or more.  I''d just buck up and get a docking station.  You won't regret it. Anker is also who you probably want to go with.

https://www.anker.com/products/114/714/docking-stations

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Damn USB-C is yet another damn "standard" that ain't standard yet.  My new work Dell has a USB-C doodad that has a USB-C to "regular" adapter attached.  My latest iPhone came with the Lightning to USB-C charger cable & wall plug.

True but USB-C is pretty great.

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Dottles said:

I''d just buck up and get a docking station. 

My new Dell came with a USB docking station.  That's the one that has the "USB-C doodad that has a USB-C to "regular" adapter attached".  It replaces a larger docking station that had the old style connection in the laptop base.  Looks like one HDMI and two DisplayPorts, plus one USB-C, four USB-A, and network connector.  I guess I need a DisplayPort cable for one of my work monitor - although I think I have an HDMI to DisplayPort adapter in a drawer at work, so I should be good once we are back in the office.

15 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

:angry: you'd think Universal Serial Bus would be universal :dontknow:. Then there was mini, then micro.

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Everything new is greater than sliced bread.  And it's rarely backwards compatible so it always costs you money.  I'd like to blame apple for this but they are just one of many.

Yeah, wait until Kzoo needs a longer Thunderbolt cable :whistle:

image.png.df218f025a7aa658fa3ab023ac8a88b0.png

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Some people like to work. Some people like to talk about the tools they might use if they actually did work.  Kzoo has VERY soft hands.

NOW you're just trying to piss me off.  I was having a really good day (ignoring Dottie's previous jab) up until now.  Now I'm triggered...

• Hugs 2