So apparently I have a date with a powerlifter on Friday

Randomguy

I didn't know about the date until just now or the powerlifting until yesterday after I had been flirting with this woman on text for a week and some change, at least 10 days. 

I am kind of not into the powerlifting thing, so I am kind of 'meh' about it.  Talk me into a different headspace about it, please.

2 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

Does her name happen to be Vera De Milo?

vera de milo | Tumblr

No, thankfully!

It will be a double date.  A coworker started dating someone not long ago, and she had an available friend.  I saw a headshot, she looked cute.  Then a number was provided, so I texted her and we have been chatting a bit since.   The now almost boyfriend and the chick part of that have been pushing for the double date.  The girl and I secretly compared notes and I said we should meet first on our own, but apparently the double was scheduled without our knowledge.  The chick does not live in the city, btw.

Even if you're not generally into powerlifting, you know she's into fitness and isn't a couch potato which are things you generally like.  Plus  people are never just one thing, so keep an open mind and you may see she's also funny, caring, smart or a lot of other attractive qualities.  And if it doesn't work out for some reason, you never know what you may learn on the date and at a minimum it's a chance to get out and meet someone new which is nice after being home so much recently

• Heart 3

11 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I had been flirting with this woman on text for a week and some change, at least 10 days. 

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy I am married and not in the "dating" scene.  I hate texting, talking on the phone, and mindless back-and-forth interactions. 

I can be swayed if it was sexting! But only with a sampling of the pics that came your way (not sent from you!).

What's wrong with powerlifters?

My daughter is a powerlifter, she's 5'-2", Doesn't look big unless she's lifting, absolutely adorable.  And can totally kick your butt if you get out of line.

Powerlifters, of course, have to be extremely self confident and highly driven or they are no good at it.  But it's a quiet self confidence, the old a real badass would never tell you he's a badass thing.

And she's very cute.  DON'T MESS THIS UP.  You don't have a ton of margin for error, so, no, don't mention this place!

Cute, funny, confident. great shape - how much is it going to cost you to rent a Rolls Royce until you can get away with the truth?

• Heart 2

27 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

And yet here you are.

Sure, Kzoo is mindless, but Dottles(!), that guy is mindFULL!!  And then there is DonKPOW who is mindblowing!  And, of course, someone like jsharr is mindboggling.

Keep in mind, when I am at the beach, I won't be here. :whistle: