Who Needs A Front Brake Anyway?

Razors Edge

A couple weekends ago I went MTBing with my buddy.  About a quarter way into the ride, I noticed the front brake (old school rim brakes) was getting soft, so I did a little tension adjustment and kept riding.  A little later, soft again!  As we were turning around to head home, <bloink> the brake cable snapped at the connector point on the front brake.  So, already riding a MTB with less than stellar braking performance, I was stuck riding home through similar terrain as the ride out, but this time with no front brake to use.  Not being @Dirtyhip (who likely laughs at using the brakes!), I was - to say the least - at a significant disadvantage to my buddy who is a longtime MTBer with a nice Spec full suspension bike and superior disc brakes.  Luckily, for all the downhills, there were uphills, and there I more than make up for my descending ineptitude and tentativeness :)  Got the cables in the mail a few days later and the bike is back to full strength and ready for this weekend.  I did only fix the front, so I still need to inspect and/or proactively replace the rear cables.

IMG_8840.jpg.cde7e231f94ab8d87685a79280b27833.jpg

IMG_8839.jpg.89da231a493ed2ae11a23ee9cc8c0906.jpg

• Heart 3