Rut-Roh

Gump

NY announced yesterday that people traveling from certain states must quarantine for 14 days when entering NY. Our planned trip to WY this summer includes us flying into and out of Utah, which is one of the states on the list. Hopefully numbers go down before August and we can still go. Although i have plenty of leave time, my employer wouldn’t approve of me being gone for a month straight.

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, jsharr said:

Hold my beer and mask, I need to go lick some door knobs.

I know the cases are going up and all, but I doubt they would get to the NYC density at the height of this unless everybody acts without caution and maskage.  Does it still seem like not a big deal there, or are people starting to take notice?

18 minutes ago, Zackny said:

NY announced yesterday that people traveling from certain states must quarantine for 14 days when entering NY. Our planned trip to WY this summer includes us flying into and out of Utah, which is one of the states on the list. Hopefully numbers go down before August and we can still go. Although i have plenty of leave time, my employer wouldn’t approve of me being gone for a month straight.

By August, we'll be back in lockdown, so you aren't going anyway

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Zackny said:

We drove down to Hobeck last night. It's raining here today so maybe we make it to Pinedale? I could tell them to keep your lights on for ya if you want. 

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I know the cases are going up and all, but I doubt they would get to the NYC density at the height of this unless everybody acts without caution and maskage.  Does it still seem like not a big deal there, or are people starting to take notice?

It is mixed.  I mask up in public.  I follow the arrows on the floor in stores.  I do not go to restuarants, etc. 

I go to work, and then go home and there is one family we socialize with, part of the dog rescue.

I see people without masks acting like everything is fine.

I think people are beginning to get tired and not taking precautions and the disease is spreading.  Re opening everything does not help.  

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, 12string said:

By August, we'll be back in lockdown, so you aren't going anyway

We knew we were taking a chance when we booked but couldn’tpass on the airfare prices. If we dont go this year, it will be next years trip. Assuming we dont have murder hornets😁

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

It is mixed.  I mask up in public.  I follow the arrows on the floor in stores.  I do not go to restuarants, etc. 

I go to work, and then go home and there is one family we socialize with, part of the dog rescue.

I see people without masks acting like everything is fine.

I think people are beginning to get tired and not taking precautions and the disease is spreading.  Re opening everything does not help.  

I have been doing this for 3 months now and even more stricter now out on the road. Apart from one incident yesterday, I would consider this trip safe and even that probably isn't much to worry about. But the point is, being in an environment where they take it serious is such a nice thing. Jackson, Wyoming is taking it serious. 

At the end of the day you can only take care of yourself. Sounds like you are doing that. 

23 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

So much for my trip to mow your lawn.

You’re 0 for 167 attempts, why ruin a perfect record now:dontknow:

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Texas 6000.  New York at it's worst time 10,000.  Those are one day records.

I have lived like @Kirby's wild sister this week..I intended to eat on a patio but ended up inside on Tuesday for lunch..got my hair cut & colored..eyebrows and upper lip waxed :runcirclsmiley:It looks and feels grand!!

Today I had my second in person trainer session..my coworker and her daughter were also there..again..we were at least 6 feet apart if not more. We went for dinner afterwards..there was a 25 mi ute wait for the patio...we ate inside.

I feel wicked...tomorrow it is an oil change and 100,000 miles check up on my car..After that...I am pretty much at home. Til the colonoscopy :whistle:

• Hugs 1

37 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Those lakes... upper and lower something? I know you are backpacking but home base has to be somewhere. 

We plan to spend the night before and after in Pinedale. In between home base is on my back. Doing a 35+ mile loop. Twice we go over the great divide at around 11,500 feet. I’m breathing hard just typing that😁

9 hours ago, Zackny said:

We plan to spend the night before and after in Pinedale. In between home base is on my back. Doing a 35+ mile loop. Twice we go over the great divide at around 11,500 feet. I’m breathing hard just typing that😁

A guy who worked at the car wash in Jackson reminded me of those lakes.  Upper and Lower Green Lakes.  Are you going there?

The 14 day quarantine is still in effect in Maryland and is in effect for residents if they leave MD then return.

My aunt who died of COVID-19 had a 100th birthday celebration set for August 1st near Morristown, NJ.  Many of us still have hotel reservations, but have no idea if we'll be able to go.  My cousin, who had set up the celebration, now memorial, for her mother, phoned me a couple days ago and said she cancelled the hall and was going to hold the party in her multi-acre back yard with huge swimming pool, etc.

BUT... Cousins from the Wilkes-Barre, PA area can't come now because Cousin Brittney - the one who won the Miss Teen Scranton/Wilkes-Barre beauty pageant - has just learned her high school graduation will be held on August 1st.  Her mother is having the adult party for her on August 8th.

So my Morristown Cousin said maybe we'd be better off canceling the 100th birthday memorial and just all meeting in Wilkes-Barre on August 8th, especially since her mother was buried in Wilkes-Barre and we can do a small service at the grave.  Another cousin is flying in from Las Vegas just before Aug. 1st, meeting up with the Morristown cousin, and they're going to show the Las Vegas cousin's son Philadelphia, Wilkes-Barre, and maybe New York.

So everything's up in the air - how many people are going to be at that Aug. 8 party?  Will the 14 day quarantine still be in effect - meaning my brother would miis work, etc.?

28 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I'm going to be home for 14 days anyway.  So I'll be self-quarantining.  I've essentially been doing that for 3 months anyway. But I've got another 2 days of travel including a night stay as I work my way home today.

Safe travels

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I hope you get to go.  I do have a question though -- how did you become aware of these mountains and/or this particular hike?  It's not like it's your backyard.

I’ve always wanted to hike in the Winds. Last winter i read a book called Wilderness, Gateway to the Soul. It was the authors account of numerous wilderness trips he had done. One mentioned a place called Dad’s Lake. I was intrigued by his description so i looked it up. This hike came up. I showed it to WoZack and we were sold that we needed to do it. I soent a good part if my career managing wilderness areas in the Adirondacks, so i have a desire to visit other ones. 

• Heart 2