How did you sleep last night.

Airehead

We had really loud thunderstorms last night that would wake us up. I was finally sleeping great and in the middle of a pleasant dream when I got a phone call to bring my wife some medicine. I can usually go right back to sleep if I don’t pick up my iPad to check in. I had a one hour check in at 3AM last night.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

58 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I was up a few times..probably due to having a 3rd glass of wine :whistle:

I had some Scotch last night, as is my weekend custom. Slept solid til 6, read the internet for a bit, then slept again til 8:30. Usually I’m out of bed by 7 on weekends. 

• Heart 1

I think I woke up a few times, but I don't really remember in the morning.  When I have trouble sleeping, I usually play something on the Alexa to distract my mind.  This probably doesn't work for married people.

Was your porch outside or enclosed?  I'd like to sleep on the porch, but would probably wake up with a ton of mosquito bites.

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

I think I woke up a few times, but I don't really remember in the morning.  When I have trouble sleeping, I usually play something on the Alexa to distract my mind.  This probably doesn't work for married people.

Was your porch outside or enclosed?  I'd like to sleep on the porch, but would probably wake up with a ton of mosquito bites.

Yes, it is enclosed and if we lived on the eastern shore of Maryland it would be called a sleeping porch. Here we call it a sucking porch because you sit down and soon thereafter all your energy is gone. 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

I started watching Uncut Gems last night pretty late. So it finished a bit after midnight. Eos was sleeping for the entire movie. As soon as it was over she wanted to go outside for potty. She "asks out" by standing on me. If I don't react she moves up my body towards my head. I used to be able to just let her out & leave the slider open to come back in. But she has been digging. A couple of the holes were almost a foot deep. Supervision required. After she went potty she wanted to play. ...and chew sticks. It took about an hour to get her back to bed. We slept in

I got up twice to pee.   The first time... I was also very thirsty.  Probably some dehydration from the beer and margaritas when we visited with our friends.   I fell back to sleep... and then 2 hours later I had to pee again.  Probably from the water I drank 2 hours before.  And then I couldn't fall back to sleep.  

Getting old changes things...    I miss the days when I could pass out sleep thru the night.

I'll see how tonight goes..  or more accurately how often I go thru the night.

• Heart 1

I've been having disturbing dreams lately. It's often too, probably 2-3 times a week for the past few months.  They aren't nightmares; those are scary. These are emotionally disturbing.  Normally, my dreams are just stupid, bizarre things.  Not these.  I'm convinced there is a reason for these because they always have the same person and similar circumstances. 

I'll wake up from these dreams around 3:00ish when I have them.  I'll be so upset that I cannot fall back asleep for an hour or so. First, I'll be upset about what happened in the dream.  Then, I be upset that I even had the dream.  Then, I lie awake wondering if the dream meant anything and worry about what it could mean.  

• Hugs 1

I remember ti was between 5-6 pm Saturday and I thought I should soon boil some egg noodles and nuke some leftover homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner.

The next thing I consciously knew is that it was after 3 am Sunday morning and I was still stretched out in my recliner with the TV on.  The first good night's sleep in a few days!

I had the soup for Sunday early dinner.  I'll have some excellent tuna salad sandwiches and french fries of chips later.  I'm guessing an early bedtime tonight.

• Heart 1