June 27 miles, activities & whatnot

Parsnip Totin Jack

28 miles & 900 feet uphill into a headwind on the "out" portion. Not headwind like @groupw but it was annoying. Aboot 15 mph with some sustained gust 5-10 higher.  went from left center-center-right center depending how how the road bends. Then on the "back" portion it was about 3/4 crosswind. Which blew the plastic bike around a bit. Couple PRs but still pretty slow. About a quarter of the ride is along the Deshutes river. Very pretty. Few people getting ready to go rafting & kayaking. The food truck pod was packed. You wouldn't think there was a virus at all

• Heart 2

30@17.2. Beautiful morning. Hardly any wind during the ride. Humidity is starting to kick up around here. Washed the CX5 and dig out the last 3 mulberry roots. Worked on the rat roadie for bit. Doing photos for a couple dance team members after supper. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

41 mile club ride. While riding back thru Detroit, and stopped at a red light. Looked on the ground and seen a shell casing. First time I seen this, shootings are a nightly thing.

907575307_IMG_20200627_1508215421.thumb.jpg.a1b7dde386bcd9112a743f283d3bae17.jpg

Been a minute since I have seen one but it looks like a 223 like we shot back in the day.  AK’s had a larger & a bit stubbier casing. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Been a minute since I have seen one but it looks like a 223 like we shot back in the day.  AK’s had a larger & a bit stubbier casing. 

I thought it looked like a rifle shell, pretty scary to be shooting high velocity rifles in the city.