Dating, RG style

2Far

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

And yet RG has never returned

I spent the weekend at my buddy's place an hour outside of the city.

The powerlifter chick looked like she never powerlifted anything, she was a big chick but not muscley.  She was fun, I suppose, but I was unmoved.

• Sad 3
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

The powerlifter chick looked like she never powerlifted anything, she was a big chick but not muscley.  She was fun, I suppose, but I was unmoved.

So this is somewhat vague...  

Did you go all Parr8 on her or were you more of a Cheese Airwick?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

sorry the date didnt create sparks but glad that you got out of the city for the weekend.

3 minutes ago, donkpow said:

So you're, like, pretty sure she was a female?

Yes.

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

again, vague as vague can be.

I went the honorable Cheese path.  I fully reserve the notion to go the Parr8 path at some future time if more alcohol were consumed, though.

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Did she try to pick you up?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Did she actually say she was a powerlifter???? Or was that just something you heard and in the "whisper down the lane" fashion, it was totally warped and not based on something totally different?

I know friends or coworkers will mention to a newcomer that I am bike "racer", and I am always like "NO NO NO!"  I ride bikes for fun! And they come back with "but don't you ride like a hundred miles some days???" and I say yes, but that's not RACING :wacko:  So, I could see some gal being set up on a blind date with me being made to think some pro cyclist was showing up and then seeing me and my hairy legs and wondering WTF?????

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Did she actually say she was a powerlifter????

There are powerlifters and bodybuilders.  All bodybuilders are powerlifters but not all powerlifters are bodybuilders.  There is difference between the bodybuilder ladies on stage at a South Beach competition and the East German pressing a ton of weight over her head.  RG met the East German not the lady parading across the stage in a skimpy bikini. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

There are powerlifters and bodybuilders.  All bodybuilders are powerlifters but not all powerlifters are bodybuilders.  There is difference between the bodybuilder ladies on stage at a South Beach competition and the East German pressing a ton of weight over her head.  RG met the East German not the lady parading across the stage in a skimpy bikini. 

I think you are correct.  Back when he was originally discussing the date, I probably read "bodybuilder", but that really is a world away from most powerlifters.  In the men's world, you would have never seen Arnold competing in the worlds strongest man competition and lifting those atlas balls.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I think you are correct.  Back when he was originally discussing the date, I probably read "bodybuilder", but that really is a world away from most powerlifters.  In the men's world, you would have never seen Arnold competing in the worlds strongest man competition and lifting those atlas balls.

So her name is Atlas?  

38 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yes.  That was her sport or exercise, as claimed  by her.  I suppose she could have been strong underneath, but it seemed at a glance that she powerlifted a fork mostly.

Ah, just judging by her biceps. Some women's biceps would take awhile to show real musclature.  If one is slim in certain limbs...it would take alot of workout months to get there. 

I've a biased opinion, because I have a 18 yr. niece who is quite strong upper body, top to deal with spinning on parallel bars, full foward and backward flips, handstands etc. in competitive gymnastics for last 6 years....I think across just top part of chest across collarbones, she is as broad or wider than her 2 brothers who are each 2 yrs. and other 4 yrs. older than her.  The guys play hockey and soccer.  They are all quite fit and slim.  

To hang from parallel bars and carry one's weight to spin around, takes upper body strength...think of the competitive gymnastics men who are strong on parallel bars.

Or maybe she wanted to say powerlifter...to protect herself from potential jerks.  (I really mean this, since this is why some women take self-defence, martial arts.)

17 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I know friends or coworkers will mention to a newcomer that I am bike "racer", and I am always like "NO NO NO!"  I ride bikes for fun! And they come back with "but don't you ride like a hundred miles some days???" and I say yes, but that's not RACING :wacko: 

same here