Breaking The Golden Rule?

Razors Edge

20 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...which is, of course, don't bring food and/or beverages into the bathroom - especially for #2!

Do you break the rule?

I had a childhood friend that would take food in the bathroom when going #2.  He was kinda of a heavy kid so I’m guessing he took food lots of places...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I have a story (I always have a story). I worked with a guy whose real name was Charlie Brown. He lived with his mom and dad about 45 minutes away from work. His mom would pack his lunch every day. He would get up at the last minute every day, no time for breakfast. Grab his lunch and head for work. He was hungry so he always ate his lunch on the way to work. If he wasn’t done with his lunch when he got to work he would punch in and take his lunch into the restroom and finish it while he sat on the crapper. To make matters worse he left the door open on the stall so he could talk to whoever came in the restroom while he was eating and crapping. True story.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

24 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I have a story (I always have a story). I worked with a guy whose real name was Charlie Brown. He lived with his mom and dad about 45 minutes away from work. His mom would pack his lunch every day. He would get up at the last minute every day, no time for breakfast. Grab his lunch and head for work. He was hungry so he always ate his lunch on the way to work. If he wasn’t done with his lunch when he got to work he would punch in and take his lunch into the restroom and finish it while he sat on the crapper. To make matters worse he left the door open on the stall so he could talk to whoever came in the restroom while he was eating and crapping. True story.

I worked with a guy who did same thing 

If he grabbed a donut, that box was done 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

We were at downtown live music event (remember when you could go see live music?) It was an open air street event. The only drink stand that had what I wanted was at the far end of the beer garden. I walked down and got my drink. On the way back to my chair, I ran into some people I know and hadn’t seen in quite some time. 
As we were catching up, the dam burst and I needed a restroom. We went our separate ways and I really didn’t want to run the drink to my chair then come back to the porta Johns. There were no good options outside so I took my drink in. There was a shelf for just such emergencies in there. It wasn’t my favorite option, but the best of the bad ones available. 

• Haha 2

Gross...  eating while crapping. Never. 

Sure I didn't think...I bought a coffee and realized I shouldn't have done that or I was going from 1 floor to another in workplace main building ..so I forgot and left my coffee thermos on shelf in washroom.  Actually in our organization, people forget their thermos in washrooms from time to time....because you are going from 1 meeting to another meeting rm. for 2nd meeting. 

I've done that where next day, I run back to washroom in work building to relocate my personal thermos of stale coffee (to dump).  Happens to folks where I work since it's kinda of big building with many meeting rooms, offices across ....12 floors.  Then on top of all this, we do have change rooms for 1 of floors. 

Look, I don't understand why this is a problem. 

When you crap, you're breathing in your own shit molecules--  and if you're sharing a public restroom you're breathing in somebody else's shit molecules.  That's right.  Their shit is literally going right up your nose, and not only that, it's going directly into your bloodstream.  So if you want to have a cup of coffee while you purge -- go right ahead -- because the chances of it being absorbed by the liquid and then being digested are far smaller entering your bloodstream than immediately while you just breathe.  

#FactsOfLife

10 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Look, I don't understand why this is a problem. 

When you crap, you're breathing in your own shit molecules--  and if you're sharing a public restroom you're sharing somebody e'se's shit molecules.  That's right.  Their shit is literally going right up your nose, and not only that, it's going directly into your bloodstream.  So if you want to have a cup of coffee while you purge -- go right ahead -- because the chances of it being absorbed by the liquid and then being digested are far smaller than entering your bloodstream immediately while you just breathe.  

#FactsOfLife

Um, it's not exactly clean sometimes.  Now chewing gum or sucking on a hard candy is a different thing.

For women it can be much more complicated at different times....  be a woman..then you know how much hassle we live through every month for several decades.

21 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I cringe at work when people would bring their water bottles into the bathroom and leave them on the sink. 

If the counter is big enough ...ours are. Our washrooms are very clean.... Not sure what the problem is?   I don't have a water bottle. Has a screwable steel cap that must be undone to drink.  We also have shelves away from the sinks where people put down their iPads, writing pads, etc. for a few minutes or bike helmet. :)    I wouldn't do it with a public washroom open to the general public since we have those washrooms for just the public who walk off the street. Literally. 

Many women at work do it... Sinks encourage people to wash hands.