seductive radish / daikon

shootingstar

Very. I used ginger, garlic, Thai chili peppers, red onion and radishes. 1:1 mix water and white vinegar. They are tasty and last longer as I’m the only one eating them. 

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

What cause the red colour...it's not the red radish, is it?

The radishes and red onion. The pickle juice is tasty.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Very. I used ginger, garlic, Thai chili peppers, red onion and radishes. 1:1 mix water and white vinegar. They are tasty and last longer as I’m the only one eating them. 

The radishes and red onion. The pickle juice is tasty.

I have a pretty good crop that I probably can't eat in time myself... I may hit you up for some radish pickling advice :D

17 minutes ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

I have a pretty good crop that I probably can't eat in time myself... I may hit you up for some radish pickling advice :D

Easy peasy. I looked up recipes online until I found one that looked good. 1 bunch radishes, 1/2 red onion, 1” piece peeled ginger, 4 cloves smashed garlic, all the Thai chili peppers you want. I used three. 1/2 tsp salt, I forgot to add it and not really missing it. 1 cup white vinegar 1 cup water. Cut the onion and radishes how you like. Save the tops for salad or add to your pesto recipe. Boil water and vinegar, add ginger, salt and chili peppers. Pack 2 pint jars or 4 half pints, sterilized, with radish, onion and garlic. Add hot vinegar to 1” headspace and seal jars. Keep in fridge for a week or water bath them and they’ll keep for a year. They’re really good. 

• Awesome 1

• 2 weeks later...