Hey Allen

jsharr

Just now, Allen said:

I do remember Pop Up Squirrel. It and Couch Chronicles were probably my two favorite Foo threads. 

Did you ever see the Load Bearing Decals thread where we told the guy the giant FOX labels on his front forks were load bearing?

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Did you ever see the Load Bearing Decals thread where we told the guy the giant FOX labels on his front forks were load bearing?

I did. It was reported in Mods’ Corner. It was immediately declared sacred and left alone. 
The thread about giving commuters “the look” and wanting to race like revving your engine at the stoplight was another classic. 

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Allen said:

I did. It was reported in Mods’ Corner. It was immediately declared sacred and left alone. 
The thread about giving commuters “the look” and wanting to race like revving your engine at the stoplight was another classic. 

Did you know that they never took my mod powers away?  I could still access all the mod stuff.   I took a stand on something I did not agree with and then POOF they were gone, like that.  I was gone soon after.

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Did you know that they never took my mod powers away?  I could still access all the mod stuff.   I took a stand on something I did not agree with and then POOF they were gone, like that.  I was gone soon after.

Same. Someone who I will not mention got really pissed about me becoming an admin. I had enough and stepped down. Tom left my access to mods’ corner intact. I would occasionally post in there, and that ruffled feathers. Then one day without explanation or warning I was banned from Mods’ Corner, banned from Foo, banned from P&R, and banned from receiving or sending PMs. 
I put my account and log in info on BugMeNot for anyone to use and never went back. Most toxic human being I have ever had the displeasure of working with. 

45 minutes ago, Allen said:

Same. Someone who I will not mention got really pissed about me becoming an admin. I had enough and stepped down. Tom left my access to mods’ corner intact. I would occasionally post in there, and that ruffled feathers. Then one day without explanation or warning I was banned from Mods’ Corner, banned from Foo, banned from P&R, and banned from receiving or sending PMs. 
I put my account and log in info on BugMeNot for anyone to use and never went back. Most toxic human being I have ever had the displeasure of working with. 

I've heard that from multiple sources now. 

You two are survivors, man.  Glad you managed to worm your way over here.  Just a bunch of white old geezers in here now... with @Square Wheels being the master geezer.

7 minutes ago, Dottles said:

You two are survivors, man.  Glad you managed to worm your way over here.  Just a bunch of white old geezers in here now... with @Square Wheels being the master geezer.

With the passing of Pcad, the place may implode.

6 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Dude, you were treated as badly as I’ve seen there. Limiting your access to forums and not lifting the bans was done out of sheer spite. Someone found it humorous. 

1 minute ago, Allen said:

Dude, you were treated as badly as I’ve seen there. Limiting your access to forums and not lifting the bans was done out of sheer spite. Someone found it humorous. 

Well, I don't miss it. I tried to leave that all behind and start anew here.  Thank you for standing up for me.  

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

Couch mentioned pcad passing.  I'm not sure I knew who he was but  I understand it was a fatality on a bike and that hurts us all.

Pcad was the godfather of the road cycling forum.  Abrasive and self deprecating all in one.  He was a really good guy and he was run down on a bike ride last week by a woman driving an SUV going the same way he was.  All I know for now.

5 minutes ago, Allen said:

Yep, the mods and admins played favorites.  I got away with shit that they banned other people for.  When I pointed that out to them, they got all pissy and took away my secret powers.  

12 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Pcad was the godfather of the road cycling forum.  Abrasive and self deprecating all in one.  He was a really good guy and he was run down on a bike ride last week by a woman driving an SUV going the same way he was.  All I know for now.

Oh that sucks. 

3 minutes ago, Allen said:

What? Pete passed away? I’m sorry to hear that. 

1 minute ago, Allen said:

Oh that sucks. 

Yes he did and yes it does.

https://www.flynnfh.com/obituary/Peter-Cotsis

https://www.recordonline.com/story/news/2020/06/25/chester-man-struck-and-killed-by-suv-while-bicycling/3258748001/

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yep, the mods and admins played favorites.  I got away with shit that they banned other people for.  When I pointed that out to them, they got all pissy and took away my secret powers.  

Even as a moderator I tried to implement a rule of getting another mod to second one’s decision before passing out a ban or warning. My hope was that would make the moderation more even. It worked for a while but did not last. 

2 minutes ago, Dottles said:

So jsharr were you a mod when I used potty mouth language to you? You know that was cryptic for 'I love you, man'. 

I was a mod pretty much in Foo alone.  I got to where I would only post in Foo with a rare pop up in mechanics or vintage or road.

4 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Is anyone else as completely lost to this as I am? Foo?

Bike Forums had a 'Cafe' equivilent called 'Foo'.  It was almost perfect for @jsharr but it's way better here because he's not being censored by a bunch of Draconian control freaks that have out of control personal lives.  I mean, we have @Square Wheels here and it's just not going to get any better than that.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

10 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Bike Forums had a 'Cafe' equivilent called 'Foo'.  It was almost perfect for @jsharr but it's way better here because he's not being censored by a bunch of Draconian control freaks that have out of control personal lives.  I mean, we have @Square Wheels here and it's just not going to get any better than that.

Ah thanks!  Years back I created a user profile there but lost/forgot my Pword and couldn’t ever get it reset so never participated there.  

i have heard numerous complaints about that place & people getting banned.

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Ah thanks!  Years back I created a user profile there but lost/forgot my Pword and couldn’t ever get it reset so never participated there.  

i have heard numerous complaints about that place & people getting banned.

Many or most of us have come from there.  It's so much more relaxed here. I find that since I'm not getting pushed in here, there's nothing worthwhile to push back on. Folks just being folks. I like everybody in here.  @Kzoo is still my favorite though.  ;)

7 hours ago, Allen said:

You might not remember, but you made one of my threads a sticky in the electric bike forum and it is still there last I looked.

14 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

You might not remember, but you made one of my threads a sticky in the electric bike forum and it is still there last I looked.

I don’t remember, sorry.
That forum is what made me a mod. There was a problem troll in there making sock puppets to attack a few of the members doing ground up DIY bikes. None of the then current mods cared much for electric, so I got tapped for monitoring it. And touring too, but it was completely hands off. You could count on one hand the complaints out of touring. 

• Heart 1