Car Guy Scotty Kilmer?

ChrisL

You guys follow this guy at all?  Can’t tell if he’s full of crap or knows his stuff but he seems to be a Toyota fan boy.  

It also got me to thinking what I would expect from my cars.  I usually keep cars 120K miles or so & then unload them.  Usually by then I’m ready for something new and want to unload it before things really start to break down.  But it seems, according to Kilmer if you can’t get 200K or more the car is “crap”.   If my car needs major repairs at 180K then it’s a crap car?  This makes me to question his reviews.  

Anyway I have been thinking about the next car and have been watching his reviews on YouTube & was wondering if any of you watch the guy.

How many miles depends a lot on how much you drive. Sitting, especially outside on dirt, is really hard a car. I would rather have a well maintained car with high mileage than a low mileage one that has spent the last 5 years sitting in a back yard 

I have bought more than a few cars with over 100,000 on them, some ran trouble free for another 100,000. Some...:DeadHorse:

I like Toyota, and I've had good luck with GM, Ford not so much, but I lay that on karma, not Ford.

4 minutes ago, Allen said:

Stay away from Peugeot. I had a 503 diesel. It’s cruise control would spontaneously engage and accelerate. Tapping the brake would not always override it, occasionally it would take force. 

I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

• Haha 1