Enuff happens during work day ..before vacation

shootingstar

• I logged in my time on xxx activities. Our team uses it for metrics, who are our clients, etc.
  • Sent email to course registrants to remind them of time, date next wk. and link to training manual.
  • Presented on change request for Waste & Reycling dept.  Showed legislation to group for compliance --what we need to keep as evidence ...for off-set carbon emissions reporting/benchmarking.  This is law for certain organizations. More questions.  Other topics reported from other team members. Meeting is 1.5 hrs. long.
  • Chatted with colleague to ask what was going on...based on meeting info. He didn't want to talk much ...I think he was annoyed at situation/ other colleagues (not me).
  • Tested built custom software application for a client. (I prepared specs. doc. and got sign-off from client).  More fixes. Takes me 40 min. to document/explain in writing. Can't just pick up phone...IT want fix requests tracked.
  • Crafted email, in politically neutral words. Suggest steps to recipient, stuck with some mess for data/100,000 document load that was missing critical info. This is a 2nd different built application for another client. It took me 45 min. to wordsmith .....after spot check for final migrated volume.  
  • Asked retiring boss (she's leaving today)  for her opinion on business cases since she's done hiring for past 15+ years..on non-competition positions.  She happily obliged. I know I won't get a fast answer from her interim replacement...other person is too new.
  • Change request email from another dept. Subdivision Development Appeals tribunal. Am surprised but good on her consulting a lawyer so quickly, about audio-recordings.  I acknowledged her email. I will present her case to team next wk.
  • More testing on software fixes.  Still other problems. I documented abit more.
  • For 20 min., answered online employee survey on what we hope for department changes/adjustments during & after covid, preferences about working from home or not.  For a virtual town hall dept. meeting next wk. There will be approx. 90 people.
  • Meeting with 5 other people on mega- metatadata solution for Planning and Development business unit with multi-workflows which affects several other integrated software applications.   
  • After meeting, phoned IT and demonstrated my software problem on MS Teams.  Spent half an hr. before he did more fixes. Showed me a couple of tips.  
  • Retested for 4th time...documenting instructions for client to test.  
  • Note for client...who returning from surgery soon, Has test instructions  (during my vacation) with certain fix still outstanding.
  • End of work day.
  • Bought myself matcha latte and little cakelet. 
  • Vacation for only 3 days+ weekend.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 2

18 minutes ago, Further said:

oof !

Sounds like a rough day. I was exhausted half way down the list, and all I had to do was read it

At least, this job isn't dealing with members of the public.  Those depts. are often under pressure from several different angles. Then some people make wierd comments/requests.  Or public just doesn't know. They also deal with way more freedom of info. requests.  So take my job and layer on top, with working in a public-facing dept.