Does anybody have covid that knows about it?

Dottleshead

I have mentioned the wave of sickness that went through the mill last fall

A guy from work, his wife tested positive, he was off for 3 weeks and had to test before coming back. I asked him about it.

He said she wasn't as he was he was back in the fall, he didn't isolate from her at all. He thinks we already had it.

I don't know. I was sicker than I've been in a long long time, and I'm just now beginning to feel normal, well, normal for me... 

No matter what they say, I still can't get a test in CT unless I have enough symptoms or am in a special protected group like first responders.........and that's in a state dedicated to testing.  350,000,000 is a whole bunch of people and it's going to take a long time.

Mine and my wife's test came back negative. Amazingly, so has my 90 y/o mother who has been in hospitals, inpatient rehab center, and nursing homes for other medical reasons throughout the entire entire time until about 3 weeks ago. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

28 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

No matter what they say, I still can't get a test in CT unless I have enough symptoms or am in a special protected group like first responders.........and that's in a state dedicated to testing.  350,000,000 is a whole bunch of people and it's going to take a long time.

Your chances for a test just went way down with all the testing now required in the states with all the new cases. 

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Your chances for a test just went way down with all the testing now required in the states with all the new cases. 

Not only that, but the nearest open test center is about 25 miles away in a city and some hours in a long car line if I get permission to have one.

So, to prevent others from getting sick I need a test but I have to be sick to get one which means that others could get sick while I'm waiting.

I'm just staying home.

My 99 year-old Aunt Sally caught it in April in a nursing home and died April 15th.

My sister (61) caught it and had 101-104° fevers for over 2 straight weeks - some days she doesn't remember, almost dying twice, and is now totally physically recovered but she's so terrorized by the experience she will probably retire from being a top master-nurse at Johns Hopkins Hospital in August at age 61 and she won't attend our brother's 10-12 people pool parties (2nd one this coming Saturday) with social distancing and a chlorinated pool.

She refused to be hospitalized at Hopkins, where they had beds ready for her family, and said she was in constant touch with the top docs in the world, knew what she had to do at home, knew her condition, and didn't need to go to the hospital where she'd have less care than with her virtually asymptomatic son and husband also quarantined at home and me running errands day and night for food and medical supplies.

Amazingly, she tested negative for COVID-19 twice and never tested positive, though the experts at Hopkins said she clearly had it, so technically she wasn't eligible for some of the last-gasp meds if she had needed it!  Of course, I think the Hopkins docs would have figured a way around that if it was deemed necessary. 

My sister's husband (65) and son (19) both had it with mild and very-mild symptoms.

My brother's brother-in-law's son (22) caught it and had virtually no symptoms.  He lives with his mother, father, and sister, and spent time with his grandfather, but none of them caught it.

In our state, so many people have caught it that I think the virus is having a hard time jumping to new victims and those most vulnerable - nursing home's sickest, etc. - have already died.  The number of new daily cases has dropped from 800-1000 per day to 300, acute and critical hospitalizations from 1707 to 352, and deaths from 50+ to a range of 6 to 15 over the past 5 days.

We're starting to see people getting more and more lax about moving around in public, though masks and social distancing are still being taken seriously be everyone in stores, etc.

I hope the downward trend continues here and that the "no government's going to tell me to weak a mask" folks in the South get some common sense.

It’s getting closer. Two of my daughters friends but she’s distancing. Her next door neighbor has it and refuses to stay inside and is coughing up a storm a few yards from their front door while letting the dog out. They come in & out the garage in the other end if their house & don’t use the front door.

We are having more outbreaks at work and one was just discovered yesterday at the next closest campus. My Tech is self quarantining as his roommate is showing symptoms and a mutual friend is C19 positive who his roommate believes he got it from. I haven’t seen my tech in a couple of weeks though. 

17 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

It’s getting closer. Two of my daughters friends but she’s distancing. Her next door neighbor has it and refuses to stay inside and is coughing up a storm a few yards from their front door while letting the dog out. They come in & out the garage in the other end if their house & don’t use the front door.

We are having more outbreaks at work and one was just discovered yesterday at the next closest campus. My Tech is self quarantining as his roommate is showing symptoms and a mutual friend is C19 positive who his roommate believes he got it from. I haven’t seen my tech in a couple of weeks though.

Local teens had a "beach week" in Myrtle Beach, SC.  All told, 100 - yes one hundred - of them have tested POSITIVE from it recently.

These were TEENS - likely living at home and being bankrolled by their parent.  Great parenting :(

• Sad 1

My daughter's BF had it, kicked him hard for 2 weeks, but he's fine now, back working at the hospital.

We're wondering now about my eldest daughter.  They are now saying sore throat is a symptom.  She had a cough and terrible sore throat for about 6 weeks in Jan-Feb that the docs just could not figure out.