6/30 miles & challenges & such

bikeman564™

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

Anyone do anything yesterday?

My wife's friend called and asked if we wanted to come over and use their stand up paddleboards around a local lake, so we headed over after work to her place, put the boards the water and then cruised around the lake for about 45 minutes.  Perfect temp and time of day.  Then we got to chat with her on her waterfront patio for almost an hour catching up on things.  A nice ending to a hectic day.

• Heart 2

18 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I see people near me use those, seems fun.

Also, other than price, I think kayaks are a better option.  I'd buy two kayaks (or a double) before I'd buy SUPs.  Nice to use for free, but not really top of my water options.

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

It's hot here, it would feel nice :D How stable are they?

Pretty stable and I had no problem getting up and down, but you definitely feel left-right wakes from even the small boats on the lake.

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Pretty stable and I had no problem getting up and down, but you definitely feel left-right wakes from even the small boats on the lake.

A city 5 miles south of me has several canals w/ homes. I see people using them there, which is no wake. Probably great location for them.

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

A city 5 miles south of me has several canals w/ homes. I see people using them there, which is no wake. Probably great location for them.

Yep - when moving (rowing), they are pretty darn stable - sort of like a bike when going.  If you get a chance, it is worth an hour or so of time just noodling around.  My feet start to get sore/uncomfortable standing in one position for much longer, so I found 45 min to be perfect. 

• Heart 1