Today is

BuffJim

18 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Termination day. I have to let me employee know he’s laid off immediately. He’s a bit tightly wound, so I hope he doesn’t go crazy. 

Will he not make more on unemployment? I'm laid off next week and will be receiving the $600 china virus bonus :) Some people at my company asked for a two week layoff, and the company granted it.

• Heart 2

45 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Will he not make more on unemployment? I'm laid off next week and will be receiving the $600 china virus bonus :) Some people at my company asked for a two week layoff, and the company granted it.

My brother's sister-in-law complained to me that she's been working full-time for $600/wk while her 20 year-old daughter's college closed up in March, she got a full-time job in March that lasted into April so she had two quarters to qualify for unemployment. and the daughter is now collecting $600/wk from the CARES Act plus $430/wk from Maryland unemployment, $1030/wk tax free.  She'd have to earn about $35/hr to clear that much with a regular job!

• Heart 2

Just now, MickinMD said:

My brother's sister-in-law complained to me that she's been working full-time for $600/wk while her 20 year-old daughter's college closed up in March, she got a full-time job in March that lasted into April so she had two quarters to qualify for unemployment. and the daughter is now collecting $600/wk from the CARES Act plus $430/wk from Maryland unemployment, $1030/wk tax free.  She'd have to earn about $35/hr to clear that much with a regular job!

I complain too, until I gets the money :skipping:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Looks like $392 is the max MI peeps can get.

Pennsylvania started paying outrageous amounts for unemployment long after I ever needed it. It was hard to get guys back to work when they would have less take home pay working full time than they made not working at all. They also made it easy to sign up and collect. You never have to go in or talk to a real person, it’s all done online.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

That’s what the HR director said. 

• Heart 1

As someone experienced with layoffs, good luck, stay focused.

CARES ACT goes through third week in July and will not be extended.  Until then everyone gets the 600 unless they have a second job more than 3 days per week.  Doesn't matter how many hours for this second job but if they go in three times a week (even for just an hour) your 600 is gone.  Lots of people quitting their second jobs.