Within 10 years of your birth

jsharr

You can go forward or back 10 years and pick any car to be your dream car / daily driver.  Not a what can I sell for the most money.   What would it be?

Also, maintenance is provided for your car.  All you have to do is drive it and put gas in it.   Unless you are a wierdo and have an electric car.

Mine would definitely be Detroit Big Three, but man, there were some many cool cars from 1954 to 1974 that I would have a really hard time playing this reindeer game of mine.

1964 Impala SS 409?

1955 Chrysler 300

1964 C10 stepside?

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

No brainer - Ferrari 250 GTO.  At 70+million in value these days, I would sell it immediately and be retire ASAP.

image.png.65dc54b82d7cf472e4a26762aa0d25b8.png

Lemme see.....   cars with no power steering, no smart braking, no air conditioning, no air bags, lap belts only,  am only radio,  and questionable passenger compartment safety designs, I am with RE and get something and unload it for the money

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Lemme see.....   cars with no power steering, no smart braking, no air conditioning, no air bags, lap belts only,  am only radio,  and questionable passenger compartment safety designs, I am with RE and get something and unload it for the money

Maybe jsharr will allow a restomod?  I'd love the look of some classics from the 60s-70s, with all the far superior bits of modern cars.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, jsharr said:

BTW.  You cannot sell the car for profit.  It has to be your daily driver.   

I’m going with my first car then. A 1974 BMW Bavaria. 
It is basically a four door CSI. It was ultimately practical, pretty rare, but did not obtain cult status, so it’s not break the bank expensive. 
If money did not matter, maybe a Jaguar XKE

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, jsharr said:

BTW.  You cannot sell the car for profit.  It has to be your daily driver.   

A 1957 Dodge car.  I do not know the model.  I would name it 'Harvey'.

My moms first car was a 57 Dodge that she named Harvey.  She always said she wished she could afford to buy one again, it was her favorite car.  I would get it and take her for rides in it.  It would make her happy

• Heart 4

4 minutes ago, Allen said:

I’m going with my first car then. A 1974 BMW Bavaria. 
It is basically a four door CSI. It was ultimately practical, pretty rare, but did not obtain cult status, so it’s not break the bank expensive. 
If money did not matter, maybe a Jaguar XKE

Oh damn,  I can get my 1973 3.0 CSL!  

I do not think I could pick just one car.

This game sucks.

• Heart 1

Just now, jsharr said:

If you go with the 63 vette, you have to get the Splint Window Coupe!  

I've driven a split window. I don't like having the bar right in the middle of the rear view mirror, plus I like to feel the wind in what's left of my hair...

• Heart 1

Early 1970’s Jeep Wagoneer.  

I remember as a kid my dad was going to buy one but couldn’t pull the trigger. He went home to sleep on it, decided he wanted it so went back the next day & it was gone... I really liked that jeep and wanted one ever since.

• Heart 1

36 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I had my dream car in high school. 55 Chevy. I wouldn’t want it now. They have made some major improvements in the last sixty five years. I found my 55 in the want ads in the newspaper. A farmer had it and when he bought his new car he just parked it in the field beside the barn. He sold it to me for thirty dollars. I jumped it and drove it home. I fixed it up and kept it for seven years.

4E504B91-0864-48F6-AE30-D349406996C0.thumb.jpeg.a7ea0a123c9f62313e34a640bc1c000b.jpeg

I was going to go with a Bel Air too.  

1957_chevrolet_bel_air-pic-26685.jpeg

• Heart 1