Whoooo boy tomorrow is going to hurt

maddmaxx

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Womaxx decided to make us a treat, something she knows we like that she doesn't eat, Jalapeno poppers.  We all stayed away while she was making the "surprise".  The kitchen was a bit too much for all the cowards in my family so I marched in and pulled the sheet out of the oven.

Where's the breading?  Poppers are supposed to be breaded?

I knew this was going to take some fortitude as these were fresh half jalapenos looking like clams on the half shell with a bit of cream cheese, cheddar and bacon bits on top.  The boys took two each and I took 5.  Well the first one was damn hot.  The second started out hotter but by the end it was tolerable.  The third, forth and fifth were good but I suspect that my mouth had gone numb by then.

I think I'm going to pay for this tomorrow.

Hotter going out than in!

My father liked spicy, hot food. My mother would wolf down suicide wing after wing without blinking an eye.

For me, medium salsa is too hot.

I take it she left the seeds & webs in ?

I like to make stuffed jalapenos on the grill, I'm a wimp, I clean them out pretty good, flavor but not much heat.

I top them with a panko bread crumbs & egg mixture that crisps up like a deep fried popper.

Gotta make a batch this weekend

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Further said:

I take it she left the seeds & webs in ?

I like to make stuffed jalapenos on the grill, I'm a wimp, I clean them out pretty good, flavor but not much heat.

I top them with a panko bread crumbs & egg mixture that crisps up like a deep fried popper.

Gotta make a batch this weekend

I think she took out most of the seeds but possibly left the webs in.  I like spicy food, but straight up jalapenos right out of the oven are a bit much.  Like I said though, the last three were tasty.

• Heart 1

The oven should mellow them. Jalapeños seem to vary wildly on heat levels. Most of it is the soil quality when they are grown. Other peppers seem more consistent. I prefer the flavor of habanero, but don’t think I would be up to a habanero popper!

• Haha 2

I'm not a hot food coward, but I prefer flavor to a test of courage.  I actually like pickled jalapenos better and I use them liberally (Oops, can I sat that here) on lots of things.  On hamburgers.  In scrambled eggs.  In grilled cheese sandwiches, almost anything you can think of that could use a bit of flavor without burning going down.

• Heart 2

I pickled a peck of jalapeños peppers I bought from an Amish neighbor last year because my garden didn’t do well last year. They will light you up.

I have a lot of hot peppers about ready to pick already this year. It should be a good year for peppers. That pepper that is hotter than a ghost pepper is in bloom right now. It takes longer to grow than the other peppers.

3 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I am lucky. I must have an iron a hole because I never even notice peppers on the way oot. Yuppers, jalapeños are so variable it is crazy. 

This, either an iron a hole or I completely digest them before they get that far.