Fuck!

Ralphie

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Poison ivory again.

You must be doing something wrong.   Or maybe you are just super sensitive to the stuff.

We have some kind of spray that dries up the rash (at least for me) in about a day. 

I have never used the pre-diluted spray they sell in places like Home Depot and stuffmart. I suspect it’s snot as effective. I buy it at the feed mill and mix it myself for my pump sprayer. I wiped out a whole area of it last year I found growing under my pine trees and climbing my pine trees. One application and no more ivy. Still none this year.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I have never used the pre-diluted spray they sell in places like Home Depot and stuffmart. I suspect it’s snot as effective. I buy it at the feed mill and mix it myself for my pump sprayer. I wiped out a whole area of it last year I found growing under my pine trees and climbing my pine trees. One application and no more ivy. Still none this year.

I didn’t know stronger stuff was available. I need to find the drying oot spray for my skin  because all cortisone stuff does is make the bumps softer, although it does kill the itch too, which does at least stop me from scratching it and irritating it more. 

5 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

You must be doing something wrong.   Or maybe you are just super sensitive to the stuff.

We have some kind of spray that dries up the rash (at least for me) in about a day. 

If you think of the name of that spray please let me know. 

• Heart 1

I've been attacking the varmint here pretty heavily this year. We have it in the shrubs and the front planter bed is full of it. The planter bed contains a large area of creeping phlox. Unfortunately, phlox is killed by chemicals that kill poison ivy so I have been going out with 2,4D in a can and applying it to the poison ivy leaves individually with a sponge brush. I did get some poison ivy on my legs when I was cleaning out the shrubs but I am getting over it now. I think you start to build a little immunity after a while. Maybe you should deliberately contaminate yourself. We can beat this thing, I know it.

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I think this came when I was weeding where there previously was none. Then I noticed it after the fact. :(

You may be getting sensitive enough that getting close with a gentle breeze may be enough to get you in trouble. That is the way my wife is, so it is nice living where it is not a problem.

When I was young I was violently allergic to poison ivy.  Back then medical advice was to take a pill to aid in gaining some immunity.  The pill was of course a mild extract of poison ivy as that was the state of medicine back then.  The pill itself was a royal pain in the ass to put it mildly.

Ralph, I'm sure he'll give you the name of the spray when he gets Round to it.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I have some spray that dries up the plant in about a week. It doesn’t come back.

I need to go to your feed mill and get the good stuff.  The poison ivy in the scrub near the road is driving me nuts.  I want to plant flowers there.  I'm the type that gets poison ivy from looking at it so I cannot even go near this ara.

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

NO!  I am not spraying Roundup on my skin. The OTHER spray, dangit!  :D
I do not want to mix those up!

Hopefully the use of one spray will reduce the necessity of using the other.  Poison Ivy is the only reason I use round up for anything.  Death from above.  Hoorah.

11 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Poison ivory again. :angry:

I had two small itchy spots on my left forearm and now one on my right forearm - though that may be a bug bite.

Today, I'm doing yardwork in the same area I worked before getting those spots.  I'll be careful and try to let nothing touch the viney things except my gloves.

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

NO!  I am not spraying Roundup on my skin. The OTHER spray, dangit!  :D
I do not want to mix those up!

Injecting bleach makes you invincible, so I have heard.

Seriously, though, how long will it take to kick the unpleasantness?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

The form software is evil today...   

I have no idea why the picture didn't post.  Or why this ^^ posted twice.   I edited this post.

The name posted, so it’s no thing about the photo.